Nextcloud 12 Beta Released, Focuses On Collaboration Possibilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nextcloud 12 Beta Released, Focuses On Collaboration Possibilities

Phoronix: Nextcloud 12 Beta Released, Focuses On Collaboration Possibilities

The public beta of the ownCloud-forked Nextcloud 12 software is now available for testing as this "open source Enterprise File Sync and Share" now begins to work on collaboration features...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Collabora Online is too cumbersome to setup and update, and OnlyOffice is much easier to deploy (they provide NextCloud integration now) but more OOXML-centric.
    I wonder if they will be day when "apt install libreoffice-online" will be enough to get it working at least as part of NextCloud.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
      Collabora Online is too cumbersome to setup and update, and OnlyOffice is much easier to deploy (they provide NextCloud integration now) but more OOXML-centric.
      I wonder if they will be day when "apt install libreoffice-online" will be enough to get it working at least as part of NextCloud.
      I don't need the collaborative editing, on my personal Nextcloud, so just being able to edit and share documents with the local LibreOffice is more than enough. For those that do need collaborative editing, a more scalable solution makes sense.

Comment

VSS would be a nice feature to implement...

Comment

Cool.

Now the real big question:

When are they(or someone trusted) going to support a stable binary package distro for either debian, CentOS, or Ubuntu Server LTS, that gets regular security updates.

Because that is the reason I am still on owncloud. And, if you are going to package for CentOS, you absolutely need to get SELinux context's correct.

Nextcloud is plagued by developers that don't get how infrastructure works.

Comment

Originally posted by GI_Jack View Post
            Nextcloud is plagued by developers that don't get how infrastructure works.
            Webdevelopers Webdevelopers Webdevelopers Webdevelopers Webdevelopers Webdevelopers

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
              Webdevelopers Webdevelopers Webdevelopers Webdevelopers Webdevelopers Webdevelopers
              Thanks, now I have Steve Ballmer in my head.

Comment

Working...
              X