Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jailhouse 0.7 Hypervisor Released

Phoronix: Jailhouse 0.7 Hypervisor Released

Version 0.7 of the Jailhouse Linux hypervisor has been released...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Sorry guys but, typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    from the roo Linux cell, support for Intel's Denoverton SoC,

Comment

It's as if Michael has just stopped spell-checking his articles and doesn't care because he is relying on tildearrow to point out the spelling mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by flubba86 View Post
        It's as if Michael has just stopped spell-checking his articles and doesn't care because he is relying on tildearrow to point out the spelling mistakes.
        More like was in Russia past few days tired, typing articles on plane in less than ideal setting, and then today just tired and readjusting to time, etc.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

tildearrow I don't mean to be rude, but I find this sort of comment quite annoying. It's happened to me many times that I read an article and see that someone posted a comment. If the article is interesting I sometimes want to see what people have to say about it, only to find out that Michael misspelled some innocuous (90% of the times) word as "root", etc., which doesn't change my understanding of the article at all.

Can't this be done privately? Perhaps it's just me.

Comment

Well as far as discussion of the topic goes, I'm interested in this as I was recently looking at hypervisor OS. This one somehow flew under the radar (for me) until now.

Comment

Does the word 'jail' in the name indicate that it is similar in functionality to Jails in FreeBSD? Or is that a stretch?

Comment

Originally posted by flubba86 View Post
                Does the word 'jail' in the name indicate that it is similar in functionality to Jails in FreeBSD? Or is that a stretch?
                It's functionally similar to KVM (or bhyve in FreeBSD) but with the goal of being simpler, both in ferms of design and features. So it has nothing to do with jails. The Linux equivalent of Jails are Containers (aka LXC).

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

More like was in Russia past few days tired, typing articles on plane in less than ideal setting, and then today just tired and readjusting to time, etc.
                  Can you add a "Report corrections" link under the "Add A Comment" link to the articles. This way users could report unobtrusively subtly report typos and inaccuracies without adding them as comments.

Also, the "multiquote" feature (used to quote several posts) on the forum does not seem to work. Only the first post marked gets quoted.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

Can you add a "Report corrections" link under the "Add A Comment" link to the articles. This way users could report unobtrusively subtly report typos and inaccuracies without adding them as comments.

Also, the "multiquote" feature (used to quote several posts) on the forum does not seem to work. Only the first post marked gets quoted.
                    Multiquote works fine (in a sense), you just need to hit the button that says "Post Reply (2)" to actually insert the quotes.

Comment

Working...
                    X