Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine-Staging 2.7 Released With Latest Experimental Patches

Phoronix: Wine-Staging 2.7 Released With Latest Experimental Patches

Building off last week's Wine 2.7 release is now an updated Wine-Staging...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

when the gallium nine patches will be added to staging? what is the blocker?
    I have abandoned staging/csmt since the first time I tried gallium nine, so much performance and less glitches!

Comment

can you finaly install the latest League of Legends version , just by using the normal installer, without hacks, and the newest launcher...? i checked several times, it often failed only worked for me in the past. I wonder why they dont fix the obvious..?
      btw: not for me, I want to install it for my gf to play. dota2 > lol .

Comment

Originally posted by trek View Post
        I have abandoned staging/csmt since the first time I tried gallium nine, so much performance and less glitches!
        Nine is becoming more and more irrelevant with games moving away from DX9 and hardware becoming powerful enough to brute-force the DX-OGL conversion. The performance difference is not worth it when you're choosing between 200 fps and 300 fps. If you think about it, even "native" game ports do that most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by trek View Post
          Drivers. Gallium nine is only supporting for Mesa. It won't work on NVIDIA binary or AMD-GPU-PRO. I think also nvidia open source driver can't use it (or it is very low profitable). So we have only RadeonSI or maybe intel? This break compatybility in WINE. So when gallium nine? I think - never mainline. You can use it only by self patching.

Comment

Originally posted by xpris View Post

Drivers. Gallium nine is only supporting for Mesa. It won't work on NVIDIA binary or AMD-GPU-PRO. I think also nvidia open source driver can't use it (or it is very low profitable). So we have only RadeonSI or maybe intel? This break compatybility in WINE. So when gallium nine? I think - never mainline. You can use it only by self patching.
            No, intel does not work with it... basically only AMD cards with mesa are really worth it for gallium nine IMHO.

Comment

I hope a patch fixing GTA V is released soon

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post

Nine is becoming more and more irrelevant with games moving away from DX9 and hardware becoming powerful enough to brute-force the DX-OGL conversion. The performance difference is not worth it when you're choosing between 200 fps and 300 fps. If you think about it, even "native" game ports do that most of the time.
                No. The difference in performance is still quite significant. Triple the FPS in some cases I've personally came across. Further, the Nine implementation works better than DX->OpenGL. There are a few games that render perfectly with Nine that don't with DX-OGL. Space Marine, Jack Keane 2 and Resident Evil HD immediately spring to mind, but that's just from my personal observations - I'm sure there are many more.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post

Not true. Wine is 24FPS unplayable on some ~2008 games at 4K resolution for me with CSMT enabled. Native however is many times faster. Can't test nine myself.
                  The performance is a big problem.

Comment

Yes performance is an issue..
                    Wine doesn't doesn't scale really well.
                    But did you tried plain wine?
                    Cmst of wine staging was laggy for me, but the vanilla one worked better.
                    Also Cmst is more asynchronous now since the latest commits to wine git now.

Comment

Working...
                    X