Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many Intel Sound Driver Fixes Slated For Linux 4.12

Phoronix: Many Intel Sound Driver Fixes Slated For Linux 4.12

Takashi Iwai has submitted the sound driver updates slated for the Linux 4.12 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

i hope this fixes the "plock"ing sound out of speakrs whenever i turn on/off the audiocard(including when the power saving function kicks in so i had to turn that off)
    Last edited by cj.wijtmans; 05 May 2017, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Anybody know if this has anything to do with Bay Trail? I haven't found anything specific to that.

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
        i hope this fixes the "plock"ing sound out of speakrs whenever i turn on/off the videocard(including when the power saving function kicks in so i had to turn that off)
        In my case, that started when I bought a new computer case and plugged the speaker in on the front panel. I didn't have that issue before that. Maybe the same could be for you?

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
          Anybody know if this has anything to do with Bay Trail? I haven't found anything specific to that.
          What about it? rt5640 should work with Linux 4.10+ if you have UCM-files.

Comment

Originally posted by EarthMind View Post

In my case, that started when I bought a new computer case and plugged the speaker in on the front panel. I didn't have that issue before that. Maybe the same could be for you?
            i dont have a front panel.

Comment

Working...
            X