Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARM64 Updates For The Linux 4.12 Kernel

Phoronix: ARM64 Updates For The Linux 4.12 Kernel

The ARM64 architecture (AArch64) updates have been queued for the Linux 4.12 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hopefully these improvements are suitable for the low end 64 bit boards out there (raspberry PI, ODroid & etc,). I really would like to see Linux support for these boards firm up.

Comment

Good to see the ARMv8.3 stuff getting in.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post
        Hopefully these improvements are suitable for the low end 64 bit boards out there (raspberry PI, ODroid & etc,). I really would like to see Linux support for these boards firm up.
        Yeah, the last time I tried it was on linux 4.10 and it still didn't work correctly on the raspberry pi 3.

Comment

The Debian raspberry pi wiki listed up an image and process for building that worked pretty well for me except I still needed to run ioncube which doesn't support 64 bit on arm yet.
          Be nice to be able to run a vanilla linux image soon.

Comment

Working...
          X