Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 17.1 RC4 Released, Fixes Polaris 12 Support

Phoronix: Mesa 17.1 RC4 Released, Fixes Polaris 12 Support

Emil Velikov has announced the Mesa 17.1-rc4 test release and plans to officially release Mesa 17.1 tomorrow if no further issues come about...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I hope that screen stuttering on vivid camera movement got fixed on r600 with L4D2.
    Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by atomsymbol
      There is a new Alien:Isolation bug in mesa-git (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=100963). I don't know whether it also translates to mesa-17.1-rc4.
      It's better this way. If the game successfully loads, you would play it. And this is one scary ass game, it'll keep you up at night! Be thankful for this bug.

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
        I hope that screen stuttering on vivid camera movement got fixed on r600 with L4D2.
        Just the nature of the source engine and linux port coming together. If you played any source game (most notably: vtm bloodlines or dark messiah) in the P4 era, you know source tends to do this shit. It's all about I/O speed. It has nothing to do with mesa, only the D3D->OGL overhead making the game slower, and virtually taking you back a few years. When you have DDR8 and some fancy future SSD, it'll stop.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post

Just the nature of the source engine and linux port coming together. If you played any source game (most notably: vtm bloodlines or dark messiah) in the P4 era, you know source tends to do this shit. It's all about I/O speed. It has nothing to do with mesa, only the D3D->OGL overhead making the game slower, and virtually taking you back a few years. When you have DDR8 and some fancy future SSD, it'll stop.
          It makes me wonder then why it was running nicely on the very same HW all the years ago but on a different (aging) W32 OS. And I thought the port was fairly good so I didn't expect this. But anyway, Steam has problems with librariers again a.t.m. and won't start up for me... *sigh*
          Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Working...
          X