Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cockpit Comes To Ubuntu, Easier Linux Server Administration

Phoronix: Cockpit Comes To Ubuntu, Easier Linux Server Administration

Cockpit, the open-source project providing a pleasant web-based administrative interface to Linux systems and developed significantly by Red Hat / Fedora developers, is now officially available in Ubuntu and Debian...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

incoming CockpitD.

Comment

Nice, it *almost* looks as easy, efficient and secure as sshing into a server and configuring via text files

Comment

Does any one have any exp using both CockPit and LandScape? What is better and why/where?

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post
          Nice, it *almost* looks as easy, efficient and secure as sshing into a server and configuring via text files
          Have fun trying that when deploying more than a handful of servers.

Comment

Systemd, flatpak, now cockpit. Nice. I like ubuntu becoming fedora.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonMoon View Post

Have fun trying that when deploying more than a handful of servers.
              I agree with you, it will be less fun or cool but uploading / executing a script on a number of servers or using cluster SSH is certainly going to be quicker and more deterministic than logging into a fancy webpage and fiddling for each and every one

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post

I agree with you, it will be less fun or cool but uploading / executing a script on a number of servers or using cluster SSH is certainly going to be quicker and more deterministic than logging into a fancy webpage and fiddling for each and every one
                Ansible

Comment

Interesting to see something like a webmin competitor. It's written in C, where webmin is Perl. How is the extensibility on this thing?

Comment

Originally posted by TitanFigter View Post
                    Does any one have any exp using both CockPit and LandScape? What is better and why/where?
                    I use webmin + cockpit.
                    Cockpit looks and feels better to me, but webmin does way more stuff and it0s what i end up falling back to...
                    Gonna look up LandScape and see what it's like.

Comment

Working...
                    X