Unreal Engine 4.16 Brings New Rendering Features, Performance Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unreal Engine 4.16 Brings New Rendering Features, Performance Improvements

Phoronix: Unreal Engine 4.16 Brings New Rendering Features, Performance Improvements

Epic Games has announced the release of Unreal Engine 4.16 as the latest feature release to the UE4 game engine...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

When is Vulkan support on Linux coming?

This is still pending: https://trello.com/c/lzLwtb5P/124-vu...r-pc-and-linux (why are they calling it "PC" and Linux?).

Comment

Wake me up when Vulkan drops, It's gonna be exciting. Very exciting to see games like CS:GO ramp up for Source2 & Vulkan, I want to see Epic do the same (Though I'm not sure that I'll get support in Ark anytime soon after all the customizations they did to the engine sadly)

Comment

No Linux Launcher = Fuck Epic Games

Comment

Originally posted by gotwig View Post
          Their Linux support is incredibly weak, I agree. I don't think your stance is appropriate though. They don't owe us anything.

Having said that, I shouldn't have to download a 10GB file every month (a zip file at that, not a tarball) to get updates, and then have to guess how to launch the game.

When I switched from AMDGPU-PRO drivers to Mesa, the game finally became very playable and enjoyable on my RX480. Overall pleased and having a good time with the new UT.

Comment

If Linux world had accepted single major standard distro then i am sure there would be lot of industry support already. I hope in future there will be consensus to make and accept distro that leads world, currently Ubuntu still has biggest chance as of now.

Secondary, Linux needs a very easy to use "setup.exe" type of installers and extract and run software that do not require some damned terminal commands and MUST work in user level except system updates and drivers of course.

As far i have seen much of people have been scared by Linux users by always telling some terminal command, but instead they should tell to click there and there and there. Good example why desktop has use standard widespread UI.

Comment

Originally posted by tuuker View Post
              If Linux world had accepted single major standard distro then i am sure there would be lot of industry support already.
              Wrong, it's not hard to support most sane distros, you do the same that has to be done on Windows. Bundle everything you might need with your application.

I hope in future there will be consensus to make and accept distro that leads world, currently Ubuntu still has biggest chance as of now.
              For the love of Zod, no. We have already Windows and OSX for one-size-fits-all.

Secondary, Linux needs a very easy to use "setup.exe" type of installers and extract and run software that do not require some damned terminal commands and MUST work in user level except system updates and drivers of course.
              You can do that already by unzipping your stuff in its own subfolder in /opt and running an installer script to add links and icon to standard menus.

As far i have seen much of people have been scared by Linux users by always telling some terminal command, but instead they should tell to click there and there and there. Good example why desktop has use standard widespread UI.
              That's why OpenSUSE has something called "One-Click-Install". Did this attract more people to OpenSUSE? no. Everyone is still on windows and complaining about terminal commands.

Also, on decent distros you can install a package by double-clicking on it, no need to command line.

Comment

Fuck EA Games
                fixed.
                Epic does what they can.

Comment

Working...
                X