Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mutter 3.25.2 Has Bug Fixes, Some Performance Work

Phoronix: Mutter 3.25.2 Has Bug Fixes, Some Performance Work

Florian Müllner has pushed out an updated Mutter 3.25.2 window manager / compositor release in time for the GNOME 3.25.2 milestone in the road to this September's GNOME 3.26 release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by Avant
    6 years.... still the slowest
    Are You sure?

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Comment

I wish they fixed the mouse pointer freeze bug too.

Comment

Originally posted by Modu View Post
        I wish they fixed the mouse pointer freeze bug too.
        You mean that it misbehaves under Wayland? That's fixed with this release! So e.g. it should finally auto-hide again under mpv/Totem without needing to click first.

Comment

I have an Ivy bridge laptop with a SSD, the animation on gnome feel sluggish, the "show all programs" animation is the worst-case scenario.

Don't know if it is anything related to GPU or else

Comment

Originally posted by bkor View Post

You mean that it misbehaves under Wayland? That's fixed with this release! So e.g. it should finally auto-hide again under mpv/Totem without needing to click first.
            No. This bug: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=745032

Comment

Working...
            X