No announcement yet.

28-Way NVIDIA GeForce GPU Comparison On Ubuntu: From GeForce 8 To GeForce 1080

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 28-Way NVIDIA GeForce GPU Comparison On Ubuntu: From GeForce 8 To GeForce 1080

Phoronix: 28-Way NVIDIA GeForce GPU Comparison On Ubuntu: From GeForce 8 To GeForce 1080

After finishing up the tests last week for the GeForce GT 1030 Linux review of this $70 USD passively-cooled graphics card, I ended up getting carried away running more NVIDIA Linux benchmarks and ended up making a much larger comparison -- in part for the pre-celebrations with Phoronix turning 13 next week. Here's a 28-way GeForce graphics card comparison on Ubuntu with GPUs ranging from the GeForce 8600/8800 series through the GeForce GTX 1080 Ti.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    The GPU tempoeratures of the different cards....

Comment

oh wow, there is something terribly wrong with the nvidia driver. To be honset i'm glad that i didn't bought nvidia gpu because there is enough problems with my gtx 960m (which should be close to 750ti). Anyway what happend with gtx 750? It is twice faster than the gtx 750ti in almost every test...

Comment

Michael, seriously, stop using Tomb Raider: it's painfully obvious it doesn't work at all with automated testing.
        Your results have no meaning whatsoever :
        - the 1060 beating the 1070
        - the 1050 ti and 750 on par with the 980 and 980 ti
        - the 960 faster than 970 and almost as fast as the 980
        - the 950 faster than 780 ti
        Seriously Tomb Raider benchmarks are garbage level.

Comment

Originally posted by gurv View Post
          Michael, seriously, stop using Tomb Raider: it's painfully obvious it doesn't work at all with automated testing.
          Your results have no meaning whatsoever :
          - the 1060 beating the 1070
          - the 1050 ti and 750 on par with the 980 and 980 ti
          - the 960 faster than 970 and almost as fast as the 980
          - the 950 faster than 780 ti
          Seriously Tomb Raider benchmarks are garbage level.
          Feral had made some improvements, but didn't look like it had much impact.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SmutnySmok View Post
            oh wow, there is something terribly wrong with the nvidia driver. To be honset i'm glad that i didn't bought nvidia gpu because there is enough problems with my gtx 960m (which should be close to 750ti). Anyway what happend with gtx 750? It is twice faster than the gtx 750ti in almost every test...
            Yes 750 ti should outperform 750 in every tests. A 750 should'nt be that powerful. What's wrong ?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Feral had made some improvements, but didn't look like it had much impact.
              Yeah, to be honest it doesn't seem reliable at all which is a shame since it's a good gpu benchmark otherwise
              I'd like to suggest Hitman as a replacement but it seems quite cpu limited so that probably wouldn't work that great for gpu comparison

Comment

Originally posted by gurv View Post

Yeah, to be honest it doesn't seem reliable at all which is a shame since it's a good gpu benchmark otherwise
                I'd like to suggest Hitman as a replacement but it seems quite cpu limited so that probably wouldn't work that great for gpu comparison
                Unfortunately, HITMAN hasn't run properly for me in weeks but keeps segfaulting whenever I try running it on the box where I most often do my GPU tests. (I believe it's an issue related to Ubuntu 17.04)
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Unfortunately, HITMAN hasn't run properly for me in weeks but keeps segfaulting whenever I try running it on the box where I most often do my GPU tests. (I believe it's an issue related to Ubuntu 17.04)
                  Oh sorry to hear that.
                  I know benchmarking can be a lot of headache and I'm really grateful that you do all the testings you do
                  Thanks a lot Michael!

Comment

Wait… So you've got a GeForce 8600GTS and it's not dead? And you've running intensive tasks on it?

Comment

Working...
                    X