Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paragon Adds Write Support To Its ReFS Linux Driver

Phoronix: Paragon Adds Write Support To Its ReFS Linux Driver

If you are bound to dealing with Microsoft's ReFS file-system, Paragon Software has added write support to its proprietary ReFS Linux file-system driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Open Source or bust.

Comment

Should be possible to write a FUSE driver for it, right?

Comment

I'm sure that this driver will see huge usage due to the massive adoption of REfs happening in Windows land.

On related news, is their ExtFS driver for windows worth anything? I've only seen mixed reviews of it.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
          I'm sure that this driver will see huge usage due to the massive adoption of REfs happening in Windows land.
          I don't follow Windows at all. Is ReFS really taking off? I thought NTFS was still >90%.

Comment

hmm why is there no file id support on extfs wont it make some server operations faster?

Comment

Originally posted by doublez13 View Post

I don't follow Windows at all. Is ReFS really taking off? I thought NTFS was still >90%.
              I was being sarcastic. ReFS is for Windows servers and even then it's not fully finished.

Comment

ReFS is great but for some reasons doesn't include compression.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                  I was being sarcastic. ReFS is for Windows servers and even then it's not fully finished.
                  It is done and considered stable. Also since Creators Update, it made it into normal W10 versions too. It still boots from NTFS, but you can freely format other partitions using REFS.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
                    It is done and considered stable. Also since Creators Update, it made it into normal W10 versions too. It still boots from NTFS, but you can freely format other partitions using REFS.
                    And face a plethora of issues and lack of features everyone took for granted in NTFS https://ctrl.blog/entry/adventures-in-refs

No thanks, it's clearly designed for server usecase with no regard to desktop.

Comment

Working...
                    X