Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Neon User Edition 5.10 Released

Phoronix: KDE Neon User Edition 5.10 Released

There is an easy way to try out today's release of KDE Plasma 5.10...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It seems that it's not based on Ubuntu 17.04, pity.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
      It's based on 16.04

Comment

Yeah, that cost them a donation before Christmas.
        It's still solid, but as a developer, I would really appreciate a little less hunting for recent versions of everything.

Comment

I like the fact that it's based on LTS. And usually if I want something more up-to-date, there's a ppa available.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

Yeah, that cost them a donation before Christmas.
            It's still solid, but as a developer, I would really appreciate a little less hunting for recent versions of everything.
            Maybe a rolling release distro then, I updated to Plasma 5.10 this morning on Gentoo, though I imagine Arch will be just as up to date

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post

Maybe a rolling release distro then, I updated to Plasma 5.10 this morning on Gentoo, though I imagine Arch will be just as up to date
              Personally, I don't need a rolling release, I don't need to be on the bleeding edge. I'd be ok with regular Ubuntu releases, which are already conservative, but LTS is really ancient stuff.

molecule-eye There's no PPA that offers a solid recent kernel, for example. Just unsupported, experimental stuff

Comment

Run Kubuntu with backports turned on. You get a lot newer Plasma along with a more recent base.

Comment

I am more than happy with the LTS base of KDE Neon, it tends to be more supported by 3rd party software and I don't need to upgrade so often

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
                    molecule-eye There's no PPA that offers a solid recent kernel, for example. Just unsupported, experimental stuff
                    This is something that I would like as well, a the moment I just manually install the latest kernels on my home machine from the ubuntu mainline kernel ppa

Comment

Working...
                    X