Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD EPYC Launching 20 June, Are You Interested?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD EPYC Launching 20 June, Are You Interested?

Phoronix: AMD EPYC Launching 20 June, Are You Interested?

Besides confirming the RX Vega launch for SIGGRAPH, AMD also announced today from Computex Taipei that their AMD EPYC launch is happening on 20 June...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Any news around CPU temperature reporting in Linux?

Comment

Michael, please provide some method of reporting typos within article. I am all the time so disapointed, when I come to read some rants of different fanboys and all I get are some typos reports ;-)
      Last edited by nocri; 31 May 2017, 03:01 PM. Reason: TYPO: misspelled Michael name!

Comment

Originally posted by nocri View Post
        Micheal, please provide some method of reporting typos within article. I am all the time so disapointed, when I come to read some rants of different fanboys and all I get are some typos reports ;-)
        Like misspelling his first name?

Comment

c++ compilation using epyc processors would certainly be of interest to me....

Comment

I would be interested in the impact of NUMA on performance.

Comment

Originally posted by kimixa View Post
              c++ compilation using epyc processors would certainly be of interest to me....
              That is certainly one motivation for those processors. They should be excellent workstation solutions for a variety of tech workers.

Comment

Would love to see some core-to-core benches on games that are known to use more cores. Fuzzing around with scaling (beginning at 4 cores and then up them to the maximum) to see, if something breaks in between and if, how strong that effect is - not only because of NUMA, but maybe also to see eventual issues in the game code itself.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post

That is certainly one motivation for those processors. They should be excellent workstation solutions for a variety of tech workers.
                  It would also make an absolutely fantastic gentoo machine

Comment

Kernel compile speed on an EPYC vs Xeon would be very interesting.

Comment

Working...
                    X