Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam Beta Update Fixes Long-Standing Linux VR Annoyance

Phoronix: Steam Beta Update Fixes Long-Standing Linux VR Annoyance

Valve has ended out May by issuing a new Steam beta client...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    The complete list of Steam beta changes wirth today's update can be found at SteamCommunity.com.

Comment

I'd be much more excited if they could finally fix the instantaneous segfault due to an munmap_chunk(): invalid pointer: 0xf770d730 error that suddenly cropped up three months ago and prevents me from even running the client.

Comment

As long as the GCN 1.0-1.1 GPUs are stuck at experimental Vulkan support, I can't do anything VR related anyway (I'm not going to bother compiling my own kernel or drivers - too tedious for how few things I have that can take advantage of it). It's cool that SteamVR in Linux is in fact detecting my OSVR, but there isn't a working display yet.

Comment

For proper SteamVR support you need to compile your own mesa with the commits from https://github.com/airlied/mesa/tree/radv-wip-steamvr anyway, so even a newer GPU wouldn't help you currently.

Comment

Working...
          X