Phoronix Test Suite 7.2 M4 Released, Test Suites Now Also Available Via Git

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix Test Suite 7.2 M4 Released, Test Suites Now Also Available Via Git

Phoronix: Phoronix Test Suite 7.2 M4 Released, Test Suites Now Also Available Via Git

The fourth and last planned development milestone release of Phoronix Test Suite 7.2-Trysil is now available ahead of the official release in the days ahead...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It might not be the answer, but I am researching how PTS can examine container performance. The Docker guys say its irrelevant since they are bare metal by design, but some don't agree.

One company I read has a "performance" set of containers they use to stress test their hardware for the various app types and kernel versions. It might be too cloud oriented to make sense for PTS, but I will think about it some more.

One thought was to create an application container (for example) "phoronix-test-suite install/run linux-system" that you could migrate without having to redownload it across different platforms. Just use the migration tool and send it to another host in the cluster. PTS sensitivities to different kernel levels, different OS'es at run/install time, might make it impractical.

Comment

Working...
    X