Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RADV Vulkan Driver Has Patches For Radeon RX Vega Support

Phoronix: RADV Vulkan Driver Has Patches For Radeon RX Vega Support

RADV developer David Airlie has published a set of 14 patches today that provide this unofficial open-source Radeon Vulkan driver with Vega GPU support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

oh wow, he has access to a card - how freakin' cool is that!

Maturing Linux support for a brand new GPU arch before launch - what a time to be alive!

Comment

LOL nice.

Didn't think he would have a card.

Comment

Originally posted by humbug View Post
        LOL nice.

Didn't think he would have a card.
        He doesn't, he has remote access to someone else's card, over a long piece of wet string. It's not my preferred debug env, but beggars can't be choosers!

Just need a way to pipe one xwd per second across ssh to xwud on my desktop :-P

Comment

Seems a lot of "ported from radeonsi". Could this code be shared somehow , so that there's less duplication? That way also when AMD will update radeonsi code, RADV will pickup the changes without additional work.

Comment

Originally posted by airlied View Post
            Can't you run x11vnc over ssh or so?

vncviewer -PreferredEncoding ZRLE is supposed to be lossless, not sure about bandwidth requirements.
            Last edited by haagch; 06 June 2017, 04:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by haagch View Post
              Can't you run x11vnc over ssh or so?

vncviewer -PreferredEncoding ZRLE is supposed to be lossless, not sure about bandwidth requirements.
              I think the wet string might indicate lack of bandwidth

Comment

Can AMD scrap the open sourcing of their Vulkan driver and put these resources to something else. And give dave a big sum of moneyz. Or beer. Or cheeseburgers. or whatever he wants for his awesome work.

Comment

He doesn't, he has remote access to someone else's card, over a long piece of wet string. It's not my preferred debug env, but beggars can't be choosers!
                  He also apparently talks in 3rd person!
                  In all seriousness, I'd imagine remote access must be relatively difficult, especially when you're trying to make sure everything is rendering properly.

​​
                  Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
                  Can AMD scrap the open sourcing of their Vulkan driver and put these resources to something else. And give dave a big sum of moneyz. Or beer. Or cheeseburgers. or whatever he wants for his awesome work.
                  From what I recall, AMD is too committed at this point to change their course. It's pretty much a race to see who finishes first - Dave's open-source drivers or AMD open-sourcing their drivers.

Comment

I just hope you've accepted Emacs as your personal lord and saviour, I always use TRAMP for remote hardware and I'd probably be hairless without it.
                    Let you view PNGs over the net with less latency than SSHFS

Comment

Working...
                    X