Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LibreOffice 6.0 Is In Development

Phoronix: LibreOffice 6.0 Is In Development

LibreOffice 6.0 will be the version that succeeds this summer's release of LibreOffice 5.4...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

They have started filling in a release note on their wiki https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/6.0
    Almost noting have been fill in at moment

Comment

How I love LibreOffice! It's way better than Microsoft Office (of course, the last has some advantages, but on general, LO is ways better). Happy to see it becoming better and better. Can't wait to see it get totally rid of Java. The only feature that I miss on LO Writer is to justify vertically the text the way MO allow us to do (per page).

Comment

Scrolling through large spreadsheets in Calc is quite slow on Linux. It works much better on Windows. I hope that they will fix this.

Comment

Originally posted by trifud View Post
          Scrolling through large spreadsheets in Calc is quite slow on Linux. It works much better on Windows. I hope that they will fix this.
          Which GPU do you use? The problem is probably the Glamor 2D acceleration.
          ## VGA ##
          AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
          Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLord View Post
            They have started filling in a release note on their wiki https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/6.0
            Almost noting have been fill in at moment
            That's not surprising since it's 5.4 that's under development right now. This article is about the number of the version that will come after that.

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post

Which GPU do you use? The problem is probably the Glamor 2D acceleration.
            I don't think you need GPU acceleration for smooth scrolling in MSOffice on Windows, so I'm not sure Linux has the better implementation.

Comment

Libreoffice have started filling in releasenote for 5.4

it is alot new stuff for release 5.4

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
                I don't think you need GPU acceleration for smooth scrolling in MSOffice on Windows, so I'm not sure Linux has the better implementation.
                Are you thinking of 2D or 3D acceleration? I'm pretty sure that both office suites use (at least) 2D acceleration. Glamor is Xorg 2D acceleration done using OpenGL drivers so I think it's certainly possible that LibreOffice Calc is hitting some slow path on Glamor when scrolling.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
                  Yes, it does. It's an old issue with glamor which got better with newer releases, but I'm not sure if it's completely gone by now.
                  ## VGA ##
                  AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                  Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by nll_a
                    Yes, justifying vertical alignment would be wonderful. Please devs, how can we help to make it happen?
                    Use one of these Crowdfunding options to setup a bug bounty. The bug report you should link to is this one.

Comment

Working...
                    X