Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bindless Textures Land In Mesa Git For RadeonSI

Phoronix: Bindless Textures Land In Mesa Git For RadeonSI

Quite pleasant waking up today to find that in Mesa Git are the 70+ patches for implementing ARB_bindless_texture support within RadeonSI Gallium3D...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Awesome! Looking forward to the benchmark! Hopefully we will see an official OpenGL release at Siggraph, to finally get a version to-end-all-versions, that wraps up the last extensions.
    Last edited by Azpegath; 14 June 2017, 08:41 AM. Reason: Spelling.

Comment

Seems that there are still quite a few extensions that remain to be implemented like two for OpenGL ES 3.2 and several non versioned ones.
      Last edited by gnarlin; 09 July 2017, 06:43 PM. Reason: Meant to say OpenGL ES 3.2

Comment

I would like to see how Deus Ex likes the extension.

Comment

Originally posted by gnarlin View Post
          Seems that there are still quite a few extensions that remain to be implemented like two for OpenGL 3.2 and several non versioned ones.
          Which driver are you talking about?

If you check the mesamatrix, you'll notice that almost all drivers are fully OpenGL 4.5 compliant.

Show Mesa progress for the OpenGL, OpenGL ES, Vulkan and OpenCL drivers implementations into an easy to read HTML page.

Last edited by Azpegath; 14 June 2017, 03:46 PM. Reason: Add link

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
            Which driver are you talking about? If you check the mesamatrix, you'll notice that almost all drivers are fully OpenGL 4.5 compliant.
            I presume (s)he talks about OpenGL ES 3.2.

Comment

Originally posted by mibo View Post
              I would like to see how Deus Ex likes the extension.
              DXMD doesn't like this extension, there is a game bug that Feral is going to fix soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
                Awesome! Looking forward to the benchmark! Hopefully we will see an official OpenGL release at Siggraph, to finally get a version to-end-all-versions, that wraps up the last extensions.
                Using mesamatrix.net, what extensions would you like to see adopted in the OpenGL core profile for an OpenGL 4.6 release?

Comment

Originally posted by hakzsam View Post

DXMD doesn't like this extension, there is a game bug that Feral is going to fix soon.
                  Interesting.
                  I was waiting for this extension to finally play this game.

I'll keep waiting

Comment

Originally posted by plonoma View Post
                    Using mesamatrix.net, what extensions would you like to see adopted in the OpenGL core profile for an OpenGL 4.6 release?
                    I would say maybe bindless textures, ES3.2, int64, No_error, ASTC and SPIR-V.

Comment

Working...
                    X