Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debian 9.0 "Stretch" Hits The Web

Phoronix: Debian 9.0 "Stretch" Hits The Web

Debian 9 "Stretch" is now officially available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The old OS drive in my home server died recently, which is a good thing really, because the server was long overdue for OS update.

It's been running Debian Stretch for a week now and thus far has been flawless, albeit i haven't asked anything tricky of it yet.

Comment

Dungeon 9.0 Hits The Comments 11 million hits in a day we will see if we could shot better...

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
        Dungeon 9.0 Hits The Comments 11 million hits in a day we will see if we could shot better...

VIDEO-removed to save space
        So that's where all good women went. Cambodia.

Comment

He, he, it is not about video itself but how much viral it is, as in hour or even less it would probably be at 12 million for no particular reason... when i posted it had 600K less

Now imagine when Windows is released they put it in mass media to be as much viral as that is and then compare that to Debian release which went totaly without marketing tricks

Power of martketing, they can convince people very fast how shit is blue or such let alone anything else
          Last edited by dungeon; 18 June 2017, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
            He, he, it is not about video itself but how much viral it is, as in hour or even less it would probably be at 12 million for no particular reason...
            That's because good women like that are kinda rare, when one is spotted many come to see how such mythical creatures act in real life.

Now imagine when Windows is released they put it in mass media to be as much viral as that
            Windows isn't a see-and-forget 10 minute youtube video, the comparison is invalid.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
              Windows isn't a see-and-forget 10 minute youtube video, the comparison is invalid.
              He, he, start talking aginst for example Google on these viral videos... even your net might start not functioning so well, that is how far freedom goes actaully

To not talk about worse cases, if they mark you as terorrist there for no reason you can't convince anybody anymore that you aren't

But when Ballmer said that linux is cancer and communist... that was all fine, Stallmanite commie was even a joke, all fine

edit: Not 12 but 13 million now and counting
              Last edited by dungeon; 18 June 2017, 11:48 AM.

Comment

I've been running Stretch for the past month. It works very well. I have a few bugs (which I have already reported) but no deal breakers.

So long it's been a very experience. Debian is solid, indeed.

Comment

Congratulations to Debian. This is a huge event that deserves more attention. Not only is Debian rock solid, but it is one of the largest mother distros there is.

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

Originally posted by waxhead View Post
                    Congratulations to Debian. This is a huge event that deserves more attention. Not only is Debian rock solid, but it is one of the largest mother distros there is.
                    Yep, i think it deserves much more attention... but people shouldn't use VPN, encrypted chat services nor Tor otherwise they might be marked as terorrist like Debian developer Dmitry Bogatov.... User must be freely availabe from all sides so that viral videos serve and freely works so that industry exactly can get what they want

And BTW. Debian 9 is dedicated to this man, who again left us after a problem with police
                    Last edited by dungeon; 18 June 2017, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X