Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel KVMGT/XenGT GVT-g Updated For 2017-Q2

Phoronix: Intel KVMGT/XenGT GVT-g Updated For 2017-Q2

Intel developers have issued their quarterly official update to their GVT-g graphics virtualization technology stack for Linux KVM and Xen virtualization...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm surprised it currently only supports remote displays. Having to remote into the VM with VNC seems to defeat the whole point unless you're just using GVT-g for OpenCL.

Comment

I agree. Only supporting remote displays are not useful for most users. It at least allows developers to experiment with software and test various system configurations.

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky View Post
        Only supporting remote displays are not useful for most users.
        Statistics ?
        Because in enterprise environment where VMWare, RHEV, Hyper-V or Citrix server/cluster are used, remote display is the only and main way for users to access VM.

Comment

Originally posted by whitecat View Post
          Statistics ?
          Because in enterprise environment where VMWare, RHEV, Hyper-V or Citrix server/cluster are used, remote display is the only and main way for users to access VM.
          And there are many servers with integrated Intel graphics? I thought most used the crappy integrated graphics of the lights-out management.

Comment

Working...
          X