Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debian 6.0 Through Debian 9.0 Benchmarks

Phoronix: Debian 6.0 Through Debian 9.0 Benchmarks

Continuing in our benchmarks of Debian 9, here is a comparison when re-testing 6.0.10 "Squeeze", Debian 7.11 "Wheezy", Debian 8.8 "Jessie", and the newly-released Debian 9.0 "Stretch".

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo?
    "Debian 7.11 was up next and it had the Linux 4.2 kernel"

Wouldn't it be kernel 3.2?

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post
      Typo?
      "Debian 7.11 was up next and it had the Linux 4.2 kernel"

Wouldn't it be kernel 3.2?
      Indeed, nobody knows how tildearrow missed this. I doubt he'll be able to sleep

Comment

Originally posted by franglais125 View Post

Indeed, nobody knows how tildearrow missed this. I doubt he'll be able to sleep
        I always miss number typos!

Comment

I have read the article with a slight interest. I am a tad too lazy to dive into the details so I choose to just ask here instead. Was all the tests executing the same binaries or was everything compiled and "prepared" on the system which the tests where run?

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

Thank you for the benchmark!

Comment

If you're in a pool of coders, the "sacrifice" is the guy that is forced to run debian stable. Whatever the objections are, they have maintained more of the proper spirit of GNU collection for longer than anyone, and they still are doing great. Even if it always seems they are 2 years late. Their code is written on stone tablets. I would support them more if they had an official store with shirts or beanies.

Comment

Working...
              X