Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNU Multiplayer Strategy Game Sees First Update In Three Years

Phoronix: GNU Multiplayer Strategy Game Sees First Update In Three Years

GNU is home to a wide variety of free software projects, some more notable than others. One of the lesser known GNU projects is Motti, a "simple multiplayer strategy game."..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

If the simple game takes three years to update, I don't want to know about more complex projects

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
      If the simple game takes three years to update, I don't want to know about more complex projects
      You mean like Hurd? Depending how you look at it, that could be more or less successful. That seems to get an update every half year, which is much better than 3 but not so good for a "modern" kernel.

Comment

sarcasm is strong in this news.

Comment

is it gnu or the fsf that run this and the GCC, because they are awful.
          clang smoked GCC without too much difficulty.
          the FSF or Gnu or whatever organization stallman is behind are definitely not progressives.

please give us other people in key positions

Comment

Originally posted by AdamOne View Post
            is it gnu or the fsf that run this and the GCC, because they are awful.
            clang smoked GCC without too much difficulty.
            the FSF or Gnu or whatever organization stallman is behind are definitely not progressives.

please give us other people in key positions
            We just need a little patience. I figure whenever Stallman dies, his apostles and his work (and/or work inspired by him) will slowly fade into obscurity. He won't ever be completely forgotten, but I'm saying his influence will fade. Even the beliefs, work, and ambitions of Steve Jobs seems to be slowly fading away. Apple and their products are a little different than they were when he was still around. Whether or not the differences are a natural evolution is debatable.

Comment

"...it's probably good GNU/FSF doesn't invest much of their efforts into gaming."

Haha, laughed so very hard at this

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                Even the beliefs, work, and ambitions of Steve Jobs seems to be slowly fading away. Apple and their products are a little different than they were when he was still around. Whether or not the differences are a natural evolution is debatable.
                Yea, the first thing they did was abandon thoughts like 'everything should just work' and replaced it with 'stop innovating'. Basically all Apple products have been utter crap since Steve died. No new ideas, just minor incremental updates. It's just so sad - btw I wasn't not even an Apple fanboy. After he died, they got rid of almost all ports in Macbooks. The black trash can was introduced, they basically killed the Mac Minis.

Comment

If you are interested in multiplayer strategy games, then there are The Battle for Wesnoth which is free and open source.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                    We just need a little patience. I figure whenever Stallman dies, his apostles and his work (and/or work inspired by him) will slowly fade into obscurity. He won't ever be completely forgotten, but I'm saying his influence will fade.
                    This is assuming Stallman has any significant influence left even now.

He is just used as a flag, but opensource supporters (or the nutters) won't suddenly change after he is dead.

Even the beliefs, work, and ambitions of Steve Jobs seems to be slowly fading away. Apple and their products are a little different than they were when he was still around. Whether or not the differences are a natural evolution is debatable.
                    You mean stop innovating? Because that's what happened. The current CEO is a great bean counter and is exploiting the situation correctly, but management types suck at innovation and he is no different.

Apple's post-jobs products are as clueless as any other OEM's, the fact that they don't need to innovate to be successful is only because Jobs created a religion that seems to be self-supporting by now.

Comment

Working...
                    X