Pitoiset Continues Optimizing Mesa's KHR_no_error For Dawn Of War 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitoiset Continues Optimizing Mesa's KHR_no_error For Dawn Of War 3

Phoronix: Pitoiset Continues Optimizing Mesa's KHR_no_error For Dawn Of War 3

Valve developer Samuel Pitoiset appears quite motivated to see Dawn of War 3 running well under Linux with the RadeonSI driver stack...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm conflicted between "thanks for the effort" and "is this really an effective use of time?"

Someone please help me figure these feelings out.

Comment

Originally posted by Holograph View Post
      I'm conflicted between "thanks for the effort" and "is this really an effective use of time?"

Someone please help me figure these feelings out.
      The OpenGL driver is functionally complete (only individual extensions which aren't part of an official GL version are missing), so until those extensions are needed or a new OpenGL version is released the developers will be working on making the GL drivers run better and faster.

I'd go for "thanks for the effort"

Comment

There aren't really any major low hanging fruit left. Lots of small 1-2% improvements do add up however.

Comment

Working...
        X