Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying Intel Kabylake Graphics With DRM-Next For Linux 4.13

Phoronix: Trying Intel Kabylake Graphics With DRM-Next For Linux 4.12

After testing out AMDGPU's DRM-Next code for Linux 4.13, I moved on to seeing if there are any Kabylake graphics performance differences slated for the upcoming Linux 4.13 kernel cycle...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Do you have any testplans to test the kernel for regressions ?

DRM, Block, MM, Power Mgmt: All play important roles together. Where Linux sucks the most is in maintaining a quality release. And the regressions pop-in when you combine all the subsystems together. Bisecting across multiple releases becomes a PITA. For example, for me, the last good (where the system suspends/resumes reliably) release was 4.10. The current broken release is 4.12. And bisecting between the two is a painful task.

So, it'd help if you also tracked some overall Regression stats for the Linux kernel.

Comment

Originally posted by RickXy View Post
      Do you have any testplans to test the kernel for regressions ?

DRM, Block, MM, Power Mgmt: All play important roles together. Where Linux sucks the most is in maintaining a quality release. And the regressions pop-in when you combine all the subsystems together. Bisecting across multiple releases becomes a PITA. For example, for me, the last good (where the system suspends/resumes reliably) release was 4.10. The current broken release is 4.12. And bisecting between the two is a painful task.

So, it'd help if you also tracked some overall Regression stats for the Linux kernel.
      I do @ http://linuxbenchmarking.com/?daily-...x-kernel-tests with daily (now every other day) tests but I've had to cut the number of systems in use and the number of tests due to lack of funding for covering the electrical needs, etc.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Michael there is a typo in title. You tested 4.13, but title states 4.12

Comment

Working...
        X