Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unreal Tournament Updated With New Linux Client

Phoronix: Unreal Tournament Updated With New Linux Client

Epic Games has released an updated version of its new, free-to-play Unreal Tournament game powered by Unreal Engine 4. With this latest update does come a new, easy-to-obtain Linux client!..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    First up, with this new Unreal Tournament v0.1.12 release are performancei mprovements for low-end systems

Comment

Well, it's now easier to obtain, but still kind of tedious. There still isn't a direct download link when clicking the "Download UT Now" from the main navigation bar.

Until UT leaves Alpha stages, I'm not going to bother with it. As I said before, I really wish they'd stop paying so much attention to Paragon - it isn't as good of a game.

Comment

If only they could use git, loading 10GB of files every update is so unnecessary stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by tuke81 View Post
          If only they could use git, loading 10GB of files every update is so unnecessary stupid.
          Uh, that's 10 GB of binaries. Git doesn't help any. The actual source is of course on git.

Comment

Not git, git is not for binaries, it's for code.

However to get a smarter update process, they should use rsync, like Xonotic does.

Comment

fyi, if you have "sisched" added in your R600_DEBUG env variable (AMD cards only), the game will crash upon starting. Took me a few to find that out.

Personally, UT is in early beta, but still fun to play.

Comment

I don't know how to even start the game after having downloaded it...

Comment

I cant figure out how to run it. When trying to run Engine I get error:
                  Project file not found: ../../../UE4/UE4.uproject

Other than that there are no files that can be ran.

Comment

Working...
                  X