Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moe 1.9 Released: GNU's Other Text Editor

Phoronix: Moe 1.9 Released: GNU's Other Text Editor

While not as prominent as GNU Emacs or GNU Nano, GNU Moe was released today as the latest release of this text editor...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Moe, Moe, Moe, How do you like me, How do you like me?
    Moe, Moe, Moe, Why don't you like me? Nobody likes me.

Comment

Tried Micro? https://micro-editor.github.io/

Comment

Vi 4 Life son! U betta Reconize!

Comment

We have yet ne (Nice Editor), which is a lot better than Nano, supports multiple docs edit, have menus, syntax highlight, standard shortcut keys... still works in terminal

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce
            There are many people who do work with a keyboard. When you learn keyboard shortcuts, terminal editors are fast to use. So why not emacs, nano, vi, moe etc. It is good that you have choices. This news is a very delightful after a couple of poettering news. Systemd, pulseaudio, networkmanager, gnome3 for everyone, like it or not. Heil redhat.
            Hail Hydra!

Comment

I've never really seen much of a point in some of the more advanced terminal-based editors. If you're going to be doing a lot of heavy editing on multiple files you're probably going to be doing that in an environment with a GUI or if it's done remotely then you have the ability to use a GUI editor trough a remote X window.

Because of that I consider any terminal-based editor more advanced Nano as the software equivalent of a luxury tractor or carbon fiber toilet seat cover.
              Last edited by L_A_G; 29 June 2017, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Errr, how is it different than joe?

Rob
                email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by JustinZ View Post
                  I'm used and addicted to Nano when using a terminal to edit files, but Micro looks pretty good, gonna give it a try. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by man-walking View Post
                    We have yet ne (Nice Editor), which is a lot better than Nano, supports multiple docs edit, have menus, syntax highlight, standard shortcut keys... still works in terminal
                    Just gave it a try but it works horribly. Nano ftw and Micro seems, after brief testing it a few minutes, a good alternative.

Comment

Working...
                    X