Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micro Machines World Series Debuts With Linux Support

Phoronix: Micro Machines World Series Debuts With Linux Support

Micro Machines World Series rolled out today and it's greeted by same-day Linux support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wow I remember I spent hours and hours playing the first micromachines game when I was a child on my 386 with Windows 3.1

Linux didn't even existed yet! I think am gonnu buy this

Comment

Very beautiful.
      Michael Try to fix the Layout of your post because the screen is not enough when a large youtube video (and or image) is used overlapping the lateral written section (perhaps you have to make the video adaptive or responsive in confront of the whole page modifying the CSS) in a monitor which supports 1024x768 resolution or less.
      Last edited by Azrael5; 30 June 2017, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Awesome that they're supporting Linux from day one, I give them a lot of credit for it! But I can't play it as they don't seem to support Intel video cards. Or am I wrong? (and no, I don't mind playing at the lowest settings if necessary)

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
          Or am I wrong?
          buy game and check. steam introduced refunds several years ago

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
            Awesome that they're supporting Linux from day one, I give them a lot of credit for it! But I can't play it as they don't seem to support Intel video cards. Or am I wrong? (and no, I don't mind playing at the lowest settings if necessary)
            It should run - considering they support an Nvidia GT440, if your Intel IGP isn't the weakest you should be able to run the game in 640x480 with lowest settings. You might have to tinker with config files to disable some renders - I know I did to allow me to run Borderlands 2 in Full HD with proper FPS on my wife's Core i5 4200-based laptop.

Comment

Playing this over 20 years ago. That was something.
              Fully interested.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                buy game and check. steam introduced refunds several years ago
                I'm not really fan of refund processes, not in real life and not online. So I'd rather double-check beforehand.

Comment

Originally posted by mitch074 View Post

It should run - considering they support an Nvidia GT440, if your Intel IGP isn't the weakest you should be able to run the game in 640x480 with lowest settings. You might have to tinker with config files to disable some renders - I know I did to allow me to run Borderlands 2 in Full HD with proper FPS on my wife's Core i5 4200-based laptop.
                  Thanks! That's really helpful! My card isn't too weak, I can play some other heavier Steam games just fine with low or medium settings. I'll keep your suggestion about disabling renders in mind!

Comment

Working...
                  X