Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 384.47 On Linux Brings Some Vulkan Speed Boosts

Phoronix: NVIDIA 384.47 On Linux Brings Some Vulkan Speed Boosts

Today NVIDIA released their first 384 series Linux driver beta and for the occasion I fired up some fresh OpenCL / Vulkan / OpenGL benchmarks in seeing if there are any performance changes for users to see with this new series that will eventually succeed the 381.22 stable release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

phoronix has a titan x!

crazy

Comment

The Maxwell one.

Comment

Why i7-6800K !? Doesn't Vulkan increase perf only for CPU limited test case ?

Comment

Some speed boosts and some speed regressions

Comment

Originally posted by AdamOne View Post
            phoronix has a titan x!

crazy
            Not all that impressive if it's a borrowed review card from Nvidia or a second hand one (thou those things are IMO still much more expensive than what they should be).

Comment

Originally posted by L_A_G View Post

Not all that impressive if it's a borrowed review card from Nvidia or a second hand one (thou those things are IMO still much more expensive than what they should be).
              This is the old TITAN X Maxwell model that I've long had from NVIDIA.... It's been used in dozens of tests... Sadly, didn't ever receive the newer TITAN X.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                .. It's been used in dozens of tests..
                Im sure it was exyensive, Ive seen many pricey cards in your articles, maybe i should get in to tech-journo

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  This is the old TITAN X Maxwell model that I've long had from NVIDIA.... It's been used in dozens of tests... Sadly, didn't ever receive the newer TITAN X.
                  Yeah, they didn't send me one either. Bastards.
                  (Joking, ofc. Plus, I prefer to stay in the $200-250 range for performance and power draw.)

Originally posted by AdamOne View Post
                  Im sure it was exyensive, Ive seen many pricey cards in your articles, maybe i should get in to tech-journo
                  The trick is to figure out a way to make back all the cash you spend on hardware. Even if Nvidia will send you Titans for free, you'd still need the rest of the PC(s).

Comment

In this drivers version performance remains equal, case native apps like as half life 2

Comment

Working...
                    X