Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 17.1.4 Released

Phoronix: Mesa 17.1.4 Released

Mesa 17.1.4 is now available as the newest stable point release for the Mesa 17.1 series...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Intel OpnGL driver

Comment

The last update in Padoka's PPA left me with several games rendering wrong, with pink/purple colors. So far the list includes:

- Left 4 Dead 2
      - Portal 2
      - Counter Strike: GO
      - Tomb Rider

Plus Deus Ex: MD crash after the start, Metro 2033 Redux is a black screen and Metro LL is very dark.

I'm using a RX470. Somebody else is getting the same problems in one of those games?

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
        The last update in Padoka's PPA left me with several games rendering wrong, with pink/purple colors. So far the list includes:

- Left 4 Dead 2
        - Portal 2
        - Tomb Rider

Plus Deus Ex: MD crash after the start, Metro 2033 Redux is a black screen and Metro LL is very dark.

I'm using a RX470. Somebody else is getting the same problems in one of those games?
        Yeah, same exact problem here with the paulo-miguel-dias/mesa (unstable) ppa.

Reverting to paulo-miguel-dias/pkppa (stable) breaks Vulkan games but fixes that rendering issue, so there's no sweet spot right now.

But if you want to get your games rendering correctly for now, you can purge unstable ppa for the stable ppa:

sudo ppa-purge ppaaulo-miguel-dias/mesa

and

sudo add-apt-repository ppaaulo-miguel-dias/pkppa

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post

- Left 4 Dead 2
          - Portal 2
          - Tomb Rider

Which Mesa & kernel are you using? I've got Rx480 on Fedora 25. Mesa 17.0.5 and kernel 4.11.7. No issues at all for me with any of the titles you listed (I have all of them).

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post

Which Mesa & kernel are you using? I've got Rx480 on Fedora 25. Mesa 17.0.5 and kernel 4.11.7. No issues at all for me with any of the titles you listed (I have all of them).
            Is Mesa git from yesterday, 17.2, kernel 4.12RC7.

Is like they say, you live on the bleeding edge, you better prepare to get cut...

Comment

What's wrong with using ubuntu-x-swat/updates? It's the new one that provides a stable, slightly higher, version than default.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Frett View Post
                What's wrong with using ubuntu-x-swat/updates? It's the new one that provides a stable, slightly higher, version than default.
                It doesn't look like ubuntu-x-swat/updates or xorg-edgers fully support 17.04 from looking at the PPA. I also like padoka ppa because it gives me a working Vulkan RADV driver. Whereas the package mesa-vulkan-drivers doesn't work for me.

EDIT: Awesome, I'm back up and running with the oibaf ppa... fully working Vulkan (Doom 2016 with wine) and no more pinkish/purpleish textures in certain games. It also has Mesa 17.2.

Make sure to revert any ppa's before installing this one.

For vulkan support, after installing the packages from the PPA, I grabbed the mesa-vulkan-drivers (which oibaf also carries)
                Last edited by perpetually high; 01 July 2017, 05:00 AM.

Comment

About a week ago, Mesa git got a huge performance update for certain games. For me is hard now to go back to mesa 17.1 because of that.

My card is a RX470, so it is normal for some models to get hit by bugs and others don't. I got the same crash in Deus Ex as Michael, and he only got it in the 470.

Padoka's also have a stable branch, but as I said I didn't want to go back to Mesa stable unless I have to for now.

I also will try Oibaf's PPA, will report if it corrects something and yes, I am well aware of purging a PPA for graphic drivers before installing other :-)

Comment

Right on. I'm very pleased with the oibaf ppa so far. Think I'm gonna stay with this one, had no idea about the Vulkan support.

And btw I only mention things like first purging the ppa for those who may be lurking and following along, not the regulars who are in fact way more savvy than me

Comment

Working...
                    X