Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RADV Vulkan Driver Now Exposes INT64 Support

Phoronix: RADV Vulkan Driver Now Exposes INT64 Support

The RADV Radeon Vulkan driver now has support for 64-bit integers with shaderInt64 capability now being set...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix
    Vulkan device features not yet exposed by RADV is down to sample rate shading, ETC2 compression, ASTC LDR compression, storage image multi-sample, and int64 support.
    That sentence is not correct.

Comment

It's a shame ETC2 and ASTC isn't used on a wider scale yet, I'd reckon there would be some nice gains from it, both from a patent POV, as well as performance and fidelity.
      Last edited by Azpegath; 04 July 2017, 05:25 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
        It's a shame ETC2 and ASTC isn't used on a wider scale yet, I'd reckon there would be some nice gains from it, both from a patent POV, as well as performance and fidelity.
        What is stopping games using those? I believe they are in all current drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Drago View Post
          What is stopping games using those? I believe they are in all current drivers.
          Hardware support. If you look here, you'll see that pretty much nothing supports those - Intel and a bunch of mobile GPUs do, AMD and Nvidia don't.

Comment

Originally posted by VikingGe View Post
            Hardware support. If you look here, you'll see that pretty much nothing supports those - Intel and a bunch of mobile GPUs do, AMD and Nvidia don't.
            Probably most accurate to say 'devices commonly used in embedded applications do", eg the AMD Stoney Ridge does support ETC2 AFAIK. Not sure about ASTC...
            Test signature

Comment

Working...
            X