Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNU Linux-libre 4.12 Kernel Released, More Driver Deblobbing

Phoronix: GNU Linux-libre 4.12 Kernel Released, More Driver Deblobbing

The GNU Linux-Libre 4.12 kernel is now available and is the sanitized version of the Linux 4.12 kernel to ensure no binary-only firmware blobs are loaded or used by this trimmed down Linux kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Missing space: theBluetooth

Comment

I wonder how many people actually use this?

Comment

Originally posted by nils_ View Post
        I guess all of the FSF and probably somebody else, Stallman gave award recently to this man who maintain this

Comment

Digital racism at its finest.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
            Wow, how dumb are you?

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
              On the other hand, removing hardware support is not open minded nor user friendly that open source people should be.
              To think that end-user support is the only goal of software development is pretty close minded. There are other goals here and like protecting the freedom of the user at all costs and making sure the user has full control over his device.

Comment

Originally posted by nils_ View Post
                I have no idea, but it's something that I'm very interested in.

What racism?
                Wanting to have free and open source software is racism?
                Wanting to not be spied on and stolen of sensitive data is racism?

I like that people fight so hard to protect privacy and freedom.
                These are our heroes!

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
                  On the other hand, removing hardware support is not open minded nor user friendly that open source people should be.
                  And therefor the free software movement is something completely different then the open source people.

We discreminate against software that tries to steal our freedom. Nobody forces you to use that but its a additional option, you can test it to see if a vendor activity wants to hurt you with nasty antifeatures. If this kernel don't work with your hardware changes are nearly 100% that the vendor hides some backdoors or other antifeatures from you.

Especially with drivers there is no harmless excuse like they only want to make money cause its freemium anyway. So there are only very evil reasons left.

Comment

No, exactly the opposite.

Comment

Working...
                    X