Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nouveau Thermal Monitoring Support For GeForce GTX 900 Series

Phoronix: Nouveau Thermal Monitoring Support For GeForce GTX 900 Series

Karol Herbst has added support for GPU temperature readouts for GeForce GTX 900 "Maxwell2" GPUs to the open-source, reverse-engineered Nouveau DRM driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

also good!

Comment

Karol has a super secret branch that supposedly enables reclocking.i can only cat the pstates not set them.

Comment

Signed firmware before the decade is over would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
          Signed firmware before the decade is over would be nice.
          there are multiple way to achieve this actually!

Comment

Originally posted by karolherbst View Post
            there are multiple way to achieve this actually!
            Like a sacrifice to the dark gods. Virgins are overrated, children are usually good enough to appease them.

EDIT: if you get hold of enough of them, anyway.

Comment

The people working on Nouveau must really like nVidia hardware for some reason. Pretty amazing work they do, but it sounds so painful.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyChow View Post
                The people working on Nouveau must really like nVidia hardware for some reason. Pretty amazing work they do, but it sounds so painful.
                Maybe they only like to figure things out and reverse engineer hardware.
                I can understand how that can be appealing.
                Some like solving crossword or sudoku other like more of a challenge.
                Last edited by Nille_kungen; 04 July 2017, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyChow View Post
                  maybe we all are just super big masochists

Comment

have to say the support matrix over at freedesktop is still where it was back when I was using my 980 before I went full amdgpu. Unfortunately I couldn't get my HDMI2.0 monitor to work well, with nouveau (seemed to limit the bandwidth to 30hz @ 3440x1440. Begrudgingly running nvidia proper before I get a nice 16GB vega, looking forward to jumping back in to amdgpu. I feel sorry for the nouveau devs, nvidia just doesn't care about the open source community interfacing with their card.

Comment

Working...
                    X