Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 26 To Be Released Next Week

Phoronix: Fedora 26 To Be Released Next Week

Fedora 26 will be officially released next week!..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Did the enhanced HiDPI support make it? i can't find the details here.

Comment

Originally posted by andrebrait View Post
      Did the enhanced HiDPI support make it? i can't find the details here.
      I'm pretty sure that for now it's only Gnome 3.26 material at the very least and Fedora 26 is coming with Gnome 3.24. So I guess not. :/

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
        "! ยจ

You really should be aware. When there is a bug in systemd, the developer says to fix and compile yourself and closes the bug.
        Submission type Bug report systemd version the issue has been seen with systemd --version systemd 233 +PAM +AUDIT +SELINUX +IMA +APPARMOR +SMACK +SYSVINIT +UTMP +LIBCRYPTSETUP +GCRYPT +GNUTLS +ACL ...
        You are using a very new systemd with a very old kernel. You have a very specific itch, and it's on you to scratch it.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post

"! ยจ

You really should be aware. When there is a bug in systemd, the developer says to fix and compile yourself and closes the bug.
          Submission type Bug report systemd version the issue has been seen with systemd --version systemd 233 +PAM +AUDIT +SELINUX +IMA +APPARMOR +SMACK +SYSVINIT +UTMP +LIBCRYPTSETUP +GCRYPT +GNUTLS +ACL ...
          "You are using a very new systemd with a very old kernel. You have a very specific itch, and it's on you to scratch it."
          @debianxfce:

Your credibility is approaching zero and you come across as a zealot stuck in his ways (I'm not saying that you ARE a zealot, just that you come across as one when considering your posting history).

Why not try to adapt and evolve instead of tilting at imaginary windmills? The growth mindset and its attending sense of discovery is much more fun and rewarding.

Come join the light side. We have cookies. =)

Comment

There is no other Linux kernels for Amlogic socs that works fully. Meson mainline kernel does not have usb nor audio support. Android kernels are old.
            How is it systemd's fault that ARM SoC's have shitty support? You need help man, never in my life have I seen such an ignorant and furious noob and I've been a Linux user since 1995.
            Last edited by arokh; 07 July 2017, 05:16 AM.

Comment

There is no other Linux kernels for Amlogic socs that works fully. Meson mainline kernel does not have usb nor audio support. Android kernels are old.
              And that is an upstream systemd issue because?
              They don't recommend nor support older kernels as they rely on kernel features, if you are stuck with an old kernel because Amlogic is a bag of ass, the only way is doing what the dev said, hacking the old kernel (or systemd) and recompiling a custom version for that device, or using sysvinit, as it's not like a major issue on a device like that anyway.

Comment

"! ยจ

and how is your debian/xfce/systemd/amlogic nonsense even remotely related to fedora 26?

Comment

My guess is he was probably waiting many days for a systemd related topic to rant about his imaginary bug (which is a job for armbian to fix if any), then he got so tired of waiting that his logic went from systemd => lennart poettering => redhat => fedora. I wonder how many facepalms keszybz did Good job debianxfce, you really exposed systemd as bad software with evil developers this time. Not.

Comment

Originally posted by arokh View Post

How is it systemd's fault that ARM SoC's have shitty support? You need help man, never in my life have I seen such an ignorant and furious noob and I've been a Linux user since 1995.
                    As if this the only one and only bug in entier SystemD.
                    There are other SystemD bugs out there, even more serious than this and not on ARM, but on x86_64.

The main bug which is cross platform and remain untouched - developers sh* attitude.
                    That's why SystemD get so much "love"
                    Last edited by onicsis; 07 July 2017, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X