Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenGL/Vulkan SIGGRAPH Event Set For 2 August

Phoronix: OpenGL/Vulkan SIGGRAPH Event Set For 2 August

The Khronos Group has announced their session line-up for SIGGRAPH 2017...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Would like to see the following in OpenGL 4.6:
    - GL_ARB_indirect_parameters and GL_ARB_shader_draw_parameters becoming part of core OpenGL.
    - Maybe add GL_ARB_gl_spirv in a more active role: specify drivers must implement either SPIR-V or source code shaders or add SPIR-V to core OpenGL.
    - Cleaning up the OpenGL core API: removal of deprecated stuff and deprecation of obsolete stuff.

Comment

Share your hopes with us by commenting in the forums
      I look forward to the announcement of the Vulkan open source driver from AMD
      The perfect time: the event Kronos and announcement of the VEGA

Comment

Originally posted by mphuZ View Post
        I look forward to the announcement of the Vulkan open source driver from AMD
        The perfect time: the event Kronos and announcement of the VEGA
        yeah. bridgman even gave us a hint (some months ago), thas oss vulkan may happen at VEGA release. pressing thumbs that the devs can compete with this challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomme View Post

yeah. bridgman even gave us a hint (some months ago), thas oss vulkan may happen at VEGA release. pressing thumbs that the devs can compete with this challenge.
          I'm honestly more interested in hearing that their vulkan driver can run on an upstream kernel than having it open sourced, but at least they're starting to make progress.

Comment

Working...
          X