Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vulkan 1.0.54 Lands In Mesa For Intel ANV, Some RADV Extensions

Phoronix: Vulkan 1.0.54 Lands In Mesa For Intel ANV, Some RADV Extensions

It's fabulous to see how promptly the Mesa Vulkan drivers are receiving support for new extensions...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I can't get any Vulkan games working with Xorg-Edgers PPA or Oibaf PPA (via mesa-vulkan-drivers package). Even Padoka PPA (both stable or unstable, doesn't rely on mesa-vulkan-drivers). Frustrating. I can't find a PPA that doesn't break every week. Anyone else experiencing the same?
    Last edited by perpetually high; 15 July 2017, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by perpetually high View Post
      I can't get any Vulkan games working with Xorg-Edgers PPA or Oibaf PPA (via mesa-vulkan-drivers package). Even Padoka PPA (both stable or unstable, doesn't rely on mesa-vulkan-drivers). Frustrating. I can't find a PPA that doesn't break every week. Anyone else experiencing the same?
      Same here. I have an AMD 390 and just installed Fedora 26 and the mesa-vulkan-drivers package. vulkaninfo gives me "failed with VK_ERROR_INITIALIZATION_FAILED". I was already looking forward to experiment with the Vulkano library.

Comment

Hope amdgpu pro is updated quickly too.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxjen View Post

Same here. I have an AMD 390 and just installed Fedora 26 and the mesa-vulkan-drivers package. vulkaninfo gives me "failed with VK_ERROR_INITIALIZATION_FAILED". I was already looking forward to experiment with the Vulkano library.
          Seems like something was introduced a few weeks back that is causing issues on older cards. When I try to launch Doom I'm lucky if it gets to the loading screen before I get an unrecoverable lockup. Talos has some funky colored artifacts if I try to run Vulkan. I'm on Pitcairn R9 270…

Its been reported but I don't know if anyone is looking at it.

Comment

Originally posted by LeJimster View Post

Seems like something was introduced a few weeks back that is causing issues on older cards. When I try to launch Doom I'm lucky if it gets to the loading screen before I get an unrecoverable lockup. Talos has some funky colored artifacts if I try to run Vulkan. I'm on Pitcairn R9 270…

Its been reported but I don't know if anyone is looking at it.
            I found out through this guide that there is no Vulkan support by default for my card. I have now enabled this copr repo and while I haven't tried any games yet at least basic Vulkan examples are now working. (It also seems to have fixed some random blackscreens I was getting)

Comment

Originally posted by Maxjen View Post

Does Fedora 26 enable the AMDGPU kernel driver by default rather than radeon for GCN 1.1 hardware?

If not the vulkan driver (RADV) will not work.

Comment

Nice! Just compiled latest Mesa Git, and SteamVR now works with the new extensions OOTB on RADV. Mesa 17.2 sure will be awesome

Comment

Working...
                X