Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albion Online MMORPG Launches With Linux Support

Phoronix: Albion Online MMORPG Launches With Linux Support

Linux gamers have frequently complained about the lack of MMORPG games on Linux, but at least today there is now one more with Albion Online beginning to roll out to backers of this medieval fantasy themed game...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hooray!
    Last edited by gutigone; 08 February 2021, 09:03 AM.

Comment

I don't really care about MMORPGs. Because they're not really RPGs, they're trading games

Comment

Nice that an MMO officially supports Linux. But many people myself included we're burned with MMOs previously which now are dead or in life support. Due to that, I'm not in the mood to pay for a game that very likely will share the same fortune of all the others that precede it.

Comment

One of the saddest trailers I've seen in a while.

Also MMO = grinding + kiddies = nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopeno penopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenope nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopeno pe.

Comment

Originally posted by darkcoder View Post
            Nice that an MMO officially supports Linux. But many people myself included we're burned with MMOs previously which now are dead or in life support. Due to that, I'm not in the mood to pay for a game that very likely will share the same fortune of all the others that precede it.
            True, 5 to 10 years later the game servers are shutdown and you lost all your effort, happened to me with Tales of Pirates and Angels Online, the publisher IGG became a smartphone game publisher now :/

Comment

This is also flatpak'd for easy installation: https://github.com/flathub/com.albio...e.AlbionOnline

Comment

Yep MMOs is for immature people with nothing better to do than grind, gold mining or hacking accounts to sell. Also micro transactions while the game costs money so NOPE. Also companies stopping their game developing and switching to mobile apps seems to be a trend among MMO makers. So unless someone actually makes an MMO RPG that you dont have to grind at to keep up with the masses i wont touch a MMO.

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
                  Yep MMOs is for immature people with nothing better to do than grind, gold mining or hacking accounts to sell. Also micro transactions while the game costs money so NOPE. Also companies stopping their game developing and switching to mobile apps seems to be a trend among MMO makers. So unless someone actually makes an MMO RPG that you dont have to grind at to keep up with the masses i wont touch a MMO.
                  You're not seeing the whole picture. If you treat MMOs like trading platforms (which they are, in essence), there's money to be made from them. So they're not only for the immature. I'm with you on non-free client+micro-transactions=no, no. And about going mobile, mobile get to shove ads down your throat and that's like a force micro-transaction as far as developer revenue is concerned. So of course they're all going down that path.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

You're not seeing the whole picture. If you treat MMOs like trading platforms (which they are, in essence), there's money to be made from them. So they're not only for the immature. I'm with you on non-free client+micro-transactions=no, no. And about going mobile, mobile get to shove ads down your throat and that's like a force micro-transaction as far as developer revenue is concerned. So of course they're all going down that path.
                    this is why i wont play diablo3. its not a trading platform its a freaking game with story and strategy.

Comment

Working...
                    X