LLVM Gets New Scheduler Data For Sandy Bridge, Other Intel CPUs Coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LLVM Gets New Scheduler Data For Sandy Bridge, Other Intel CPUs Coming

Phoronix: LLVM Gets New Scheduler Data For Sandy Bridge, Other Intel CPUs Coming

Just ahead of this week's LLVM 5.0 branching, this open-source compiler stack has received completely reworked scheduler information for Intel "Sandy Bridge" CPUs while patches are expected soon for newer generations of CPUs...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does GCC have something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post
      Does GCC have something like that?
      Pretty much all compilers do the same basic task although the implementations vary.

Comment

Is there a way to test the implementations between GCC and LLVM or just between the old version with the new one of the same compiler?

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post
          Is there a way to test the implementations between GCC and LLVM or just between the old version with the new one of the same compiler?
          is this you asking for Michael to do the benchmarks that I am sure he is going to do, or are you having a "sweet summer child" moment

Comment

And it got reverted just in time for 5.0 release: https://github.com/llvm-mirror/llvm/...e565e7842a8bd2

Comment

Working...
            X