Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 2.0.2 Released With 62 Bug Fixes

Phoronix: Wine 2.0.2 Released With 62 Bug Fixes

The Wine project has today announced Wine 2.0.2 as the newest stable update for running Windows programs on Linux, macOS, and other operating systems...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I am stil waiting for good support for recent versions of MS Office Word/Excel.

Comment

delete.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilfred View Post
        I am stil waiting for good support for recent versions of MS Office Word/Excel.
        Yeah, it's a pain. It actually forces me to use VirtualBox at work on a regular basis.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post

Yeah, it's a pain. It actually forces me to use VirtualBox at work on a regular basis.
          What features are still missing from LibreOffice?

Comment

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post

wps exists for that

Comment

Originally posted by davidbepo View Post

wps exists for that
              Chinese closed source apps? No thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by franglais125 View Post

Chinese closed source apps? No thanks.
                Westerners have more to be worried about while running MS Office than WPS.

Comment

Originally posted by dkasak View Post

Westerners have more to be worried about while running MS Office than WPS.
                  Agreed. One thing doesn't justify the other though. Saying "A is worse than B" doesn't make B a good thing necessarily.

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post

What features are still missing from LibreOffice?
                    Unfortunately, there is always something. Recently I needed to write a macro for LO Writer. Nothing advanced, just update a couple of text fields throughout the document based on the number of pages. It took me about four days to find my way through a morass of labyrinthine APIs that incredibly don't seem to have any documentation whatsoever - yet alone an example of a COMPLETE macro that ACTUALLY works. On the whole I regard Writer as superior to MS Word in many ways (I can't judge the other apps as I never use them) but customisation and development by trial & error is enough to kill any ambition to be taken seriously.

Comment

Working...
                    X