Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 2.13 Released: Unicode 10.0, Better Mouse Cursors

Phoronix: Wine 2.13 Released: Unicode 10.0, Better Mouse Cursors

If Wine 2.0.2 with 60+ bug fixes doesn't interest you, perhaps the Wine 2.13 development update will get you more excited...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

nah, ain't wine-staging the most edge development branch? Which speaking of gallium nine won't likely to be ever included by following current conversation of wine-staging authors:

Changes made since PR #303: Used wine coding style instead of Mesa's coding style Cleaned up configure script to check for headers and libs Replaced malloc/free where necessary Got rid of p...

Comment

Originally posted by tuke81 View Post
      Which speaking of gallium nine won't likely to be ever included by following current conversation of wine-staging authors
      It's nothing new that the Wine devs reject Gallium Nine.
      They don't want to maintain 2 seperate D3D9 paths. Codeweaver (which pays most wine-employed devs), is heavily focused on the Mac market sadly. Apple's GPU drivers do not support Gallium Nine, ergo they won't include it in wine.

I doubt very much VK9 would fare any better, should it eventually become usable with Wine.

Originally posted by tuke81 View Post
      nah, ain't wine-staging the most edge development branch?
      Staging is always about a week behind wine. And Wine 2.13 changes will of course be included into Wine-Staging 2.13 by next week. So it is kinda relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Degra View Post

It's nothing new that the Wine devs reject Gallium Nine.
        They don't want to maintain 2 seperate D3D9 paths.
        Odd - if I compile it in, it just works like a charm. They don't *need* to support it, they should just give an opt-in check-box marked as "use at your own risk" and be done with it. These kinds of politics damage the whole WINE project more than it "helps".

btw - some games work pretty damn awesome with gallium-nine and when I submitted a tutorial to make it work, the Wine-devs deleted it, because I was using gallium-nine. This scares away contributors - just saying.

Comment

I use wine staging on mac because of the easy installer.

Comment

In this wine version steam login error caused for update has been corrected

In some tests rally sports challenge runs good

Comment

It's because wine devs are really super arrogant. Trust me, they -KNOW- gallium nine is a better implementation of DX9 than theirs. But they don't care because 1 single corporation makes a really tiny profit from it. So of course that makes sense to them to screw every other element of their project.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
                It's because wine devs are really super arrogant. Trust me, they -KNOW- gallium nine is a better implementation of DX9 than theirs. But they don't care because 1 single corporation makes a really tiny profit from it. So of course that makes sense to them to screw every other element of their project.
                This is widely discussed and wine devs says dont support double implementation, main reasons stay in wine dont run only on linux (mac give more resources for codeweavers)

Another reason stay in run only one type of drivers (without forget only vendor*) with same before related problem (dont work out of linux)

*And this vendor have minor quote compared in with common vendor encounter in most wine supported os aka nvidia cards

Comment

Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post

This is widely discussed and wine devs says dont support double implementation, main reasons stay in wine dont run only on linux (mac give more resources for codeweavers)

Another reason stay in run only one type of drivers (without forget only vendor*) with same before related problem (dont work out of linux)

That's no reason to actively try to screw gallium nine. It doesn't have to be default, but it definitely needs the wine devs to stop trying to kill it. The solution is not to try and kill the best DX9 implementation around, the solution is to port the best DX9 implementation around to the platforms it could benefit! Intel and nVidia still can't use it and that's why it shouldn't be made default, but it should still be available for those that can use it. You know the smart ones?

And despite what you say, I'd wager there are WAAAAY more linux users of wine than every other platform combined. Period. And AMD has clearly taken the lead role here with it's definitely supported open source driver. I'm gonna have to take a wild guess and claim there are probably more people running linux on AMD cards than every other wine use case combined.

But there is that matter of 1 single corporation making a really tiny profit. That's the real reason it won't happen.
                  Last edited by duby229; 22 July 2017, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

That's no reason to actively try to screw gallium nine. It doesn't have to be default, but it definitely needs the wine devs to stop trying to kill it. The solution is not to try and kill the best DX9 implementation around, the solution is to port the best DX9 implementation around to the platforms it could benefit! Intel and nVidia still can't use it and that's why it shouldn't be made default, but it should still be available for those that can use it. You know the smart ones?

And despite what you say, I'd wager there are WAAAAY more linux users of wine than every other platform combined. Period. And AMD has clearly taken the lead role here with it's definitely supported open source driver. I'm gonna have to take a wild guess and claim there are probably more people running linux on AMD cards than every other wine use case combined.

But there is that matter of 1 single corporation making a really tiny profit. That's the real reason it won't happen.
                    Wine devs dont kill nine only dont give support, however nine stay continuing still dont have support

Wine linux quantity users dont matter for them because them receive profits from mac (normally wine is a free test camp)

Respect amd situation graphic, quota remains more or less similar aka nvidia have more part for now and widely supported for most developers,

Maybe in future change but amd needs improve many things case: driver GUI, dal code, normalize performance in most gpus, put more resources for more devs can be consider support (native and non native apps) for amd and many other things

Without forget improve gpu watt/performace ratio (maybe in some place in 2018 with navi ?)

Comment

Working...
                    X