Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Vision For KDE Plasma According To Its Developers

Phoronix: The Vision For KDE Plasma According To Its Developers

Developers on KDE's Plasma team have constructed a vision statement for what they view as their direction and focus for this open-source desktop...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wonder what the actual percentage is of women using Plasma compared to men.

Comment

Very interesting the mobile release of Kde.

Comment

Originally posted by wodencafe View Post
        I wonder what the actual percentage is of women using Plasma compared to men.
        Once anything becomes easy to use women become the majority user base. We aren't there yet. Guess kde drank the cool aid too.

Comment

Any work towards 2-in-1 devices? I was KDE user since 2009, but I had to switch to Gnome Shell last year due to lack of touchscreen support in KDE Applications. In Gnome 3 touchscreen support is not perfect either, but much better - you can easily notice difference between KDE and Gnome Shell that was designed with tablets in mind.
          Last edited by RussianNeuroMancer; 26 July 2017, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Anyone else notice the Slimbook Pro and the System 76 Galago Pro are the same laptop?

Comment

So the vision is to just be configurable? I like it, but to call it a "vision" seems a bit of an exaggeration. Still, way better direction than gnome.

Comment

Originally posted by Yndoendo View Post
                Anyone else notice the Slimbook Pro and the System 76 Galago Pro are the same laptop?
                Well both are clevos, quite well known Taiwanese oem for notebooks.

Comment

Originally posted by Yndoendo View Post
                  Nearly all those "Linux" laptops come from Clevo and similar OEMs, other companies merely assemble them and sometimes slap their branding on them, another reason why KDE Slimbook is overpriced, I found exactly the same laptop for less from another company and with more configuration options.

Comment

I thought their vision was to drop frames all over the place so that 60FPS video stutters, and make alt+tab not work half the time.

Comment

Working...
                    X