Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Ryzen 3 Rolls Out, Linux Benchmarks Coming

Phoronix: AMD Ryzen 3 Rolls Out, Linux Benchmarks Coming

AMD has completed their Ryzen desktop rollout today with the availability of Ryzen 3 CPUs on the low-end...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does AMD provide free motherboard/memory/heatsink for testing this time?

Comment

Originally posted by qsmcomp View Post
      Does AMD provide free motherboard/memory/heatsink for testing this time?
      They usually just send out the CPUs, at least that's what I end up getting.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Not bad. A similar clocked quad core from intel is $200+. I know, I have one
        If you can find a decent mobo to go with it, these are no-brainers.

Comment

How the CCX are arranged? It is a full CCX without SMT?

They are 65W TDP, how much is the TDP for intel counterparts?

Comment

I think I might go for a micro ATX Ryzen 3 build, just a small gaming machine.

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post

For the millionth time: it's still 2+2.

Comment

TDP is not actual consumption, but what puzzles me is why a RyZen 8 core with 3.0 / 3.7 GHz comes down to 65 W TDP as well. I mean, when I have 8 cores at full speed they are supposed to produce some more heat than this quad-core with similar clock numbers. So either there is a lot of headroom on the RyZen3 now for TDP (but why not officially label it in the 45 W TDP category) or... something else is the matter.
                Real power consumption would be very interesting, esp. near-idle and full load.
                (PS: There's even less cache on the 3.)
                Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post

Anandtech says they're 2 CCXes with 2 cores each.

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
                  TDP is not actual consumption, but what puzzles me is why a RyZen 8 core with 3.0 / 3.7 GHz comes down to 65 W TDP as well. I mean, when I have 8 cores at full speed they are supposed to produce some more heat than this quad-core with similar clock numbers. So either there is a lot of headroom on the RyZen3 now for TDP (but why not officially label it in the 45 W TDP category) or... something else is the matter.
                  Speculation: maybe some Ryzen 3 parts salvage silicon that's only stable when given extra power, so they raised the TDP for all of them.
                  Last edited by planetguy; 27 July 2017, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
                    It's a bit counterintuitive, but it works the other way around: a TDP is enforced and then cores can go wild as long as they stay within constraints. You can draw 65W by boosting one core to the max or by running all cores at the nominal speed.
                    Real power consumption is tested at techpowerup: it's worse than comparable intel quad cores clocked roughly the same. Both idle and under load.

Comment

Working...
                    X