Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNU Binutils 2.29 Released

Phoronix: GNU Binutils 2.29 Released

Binutils 2.29 is now available as well as a Binutils 2.28.1 point release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It's only because of Linux From Scratch that I even know what this is to be honest, it's a bit of a unsung hero. Compiling this, GCC and Glibc gives me nightmares now. Pro tip, use Gentoo if you ever want to do LFS, it's the only host that hasn't given me trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
      It's only because of Linux From Scratch that I even know what this is to be honest, it's a bit of a unsung hero. Compiling this, GCC and Glibc gives me nightmares now. Pro tip, use Gentoo if you ever want to do LFS, it's the only host that hasn't given me trouble.
      or #t2sde https://t2sde.org

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
        LFS/CLFS is the right thing for one to have his balls ground. If you expected to be able to just mechanically repeat the steps, then you failed distro.
        WHole point of xLFS is to lend you a helping hand on the path of fire, not to teleport you across...

I've made tools to make CLFS compile more or less automatic and I don't consider this as a lost time, even though many nights went into this.
        I've learned A TON from it.

AND, it made work with Gentoo way easier. Once one has been on the other side of authomatic scripts, s/he can easier understand how the things are done and why are they done this way.

Last edited by Brane215; 27 July 2017, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rene View Post
          Built for me, and updated: https://t2sde.org/packages/binutils.html, let's see how much build breakage that with cause in other packages (kernel, boot loader, other low level stuff, and assembly trickery ;-) …

Comment

Working...
          X