Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu Flavors Roll Out Their Artful 17.10 Alpha 2 Releases

Phoronix: Ubuntu Flavors Roll Out Their Artful 17.10 Alpha 2 Releases

The second alpha release of the "Artful Aardvark" 17.10 is now available for Lubuntu, Kubuntu, Ubuntu MATE, Ubuntu Budgie, and Ubuntu Kylin...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by InsideJob View Post
    No updated Xfce packages I guess since Xubuntu isn't participating. Oh well, no reason to switch Privacy Enhanced Linux 64 over yet. I really don't understand why Kubuntu still even exists with KDE Neon being the developer's distro of choice. And yes, Neon is a distro. It's Linux and it's being distributed, so I'm not sure which one of those two words they don't understand. Sounds like political boolshiat to me...
    Well, at least they differentiate because Kubuntu follows Ubuntu's development cadence, whereas Neon tracks Ubuntu LTS with a rolling (or LTS) KDE stack. So the base system from both is different is we're not talking about Ubuntu LTS equivalent releases of Kubuntu.

Comment

Typos:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      Ubuntu MATE has been working on mimicing Unity 7's layout/behavior,
      Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Alpha 2 has a number of updated desktop ppackages,

Comment

Originally posted by InsideJob View Post
        No updated Xfce packages I guess since Xubuntu isn't participating. Oh well, no reason to switch Privacy Enhanced Linux 64 over yet. I really don't understand why Kubuntu still even exists with KDE Neon being the developer's distro of choice. And yes, Neon is a distro. It's Linux and it's being distributed, so I'm not sure which one of those two words they don't understand. Sounds like political boolshiat to me...
        I use then both. Neon have some packages from Ubuntu 16.04 that are bad for my game machine, so I use Kubuntu 17.04 on that. On my work's laptop I use Kde Neon.

Comment

Michael wrong sentence!
          Lubuntu-Next, which is their experimental spin featuring Ubuntu atop the LXQt desktop environment
          May be "LXQt desktop environment atop Ubuntu"?

Comment

"Ubuntu MATE has been working on mimicking Unity 7's layout/behavior" Maybe they will change to the Windows 10 look now that MS is making Ubuntu integrate into winblows.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronshere View Post
              "Ubuntu MATE has been working on mimicking Unity 7's layout/behavior" Maybe they will change to the Windows 10 look now that MS is making Ubuntu integrate into winblows.
              Mimicking Win10 isn't that hard http://suyangt.deviantart.com/art/Wi...Mate-541952193
              Do you like Windows 10 Look but Love LINUX? Here are Windows 10 GTK Themes for you!, NoobsLab | Eye on Digital World: Do you like Windows 10 Look but Love LINUX? Here are Windows 10 GTK Themes for you!, NoobsLab | Eye on Digital World

Comment

Originally posted by andrebrait View Post

Well, at least they differentiate because Kubuntu follows Ubuntu's development cadence, whereas Neon tracks Ubuntu LTS with a rolling (or LTS) KDE stack. So the base system from both is different is we're not talking about Ubuntu LTS equivalent releases of Kubuntu.
                Additionally Kubuntu comes preinstalled with computers (including laptops) from companies like ZaReason, and has commercial support for people that needs it (http://www.kubuntu.org/support/). So using Kubuntu makes sense for companies, non-technical users, etc.

Comment

Working...
                X