ARB_gl_spirv Is The Main Obstacle For Mesa Drivers Supporting OpenGL 4.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARB_gl_spirv Is The Main Obstacle For Mesa Drivers Supporting OpenGL 4.6

Phoronix: ARB_gl_spirv Is The Main Obstacle For Mesa Drivers Supporting OpenGL 4.6

While covered in our OpenGL 4.6 overview from when the embargo expired this morning on this updated graphics API, the Mesa feature list has been updated to reflect the state of OpenGL 4.6 support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael It would help a lot if you added a picture, or linked mesamatrix.net. You essentially described a table. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by franglais125 View Post
      Michael It would help a lot if you added a picture, or linked mesamatrix.net. You essentially described a table. Cheers.

http://i.imgur.com/i2Z8S8t.png
      To be fair, the commit adding the GL 4.6 feature list to features.txt, which feeds into mesamatrix.net was only committed 15 minutes before that story went live.

Comment

Originally posted by Veerappan View Post

To be fair, the commit adding the GL 4.6 feature list to features.txt, which feeds into mesamatrix.net was only committed 15 minutes before that story went live.
        Yep and the cron job or whatever that mesamatrix uses hadn't fired yet.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

With mesamatrix now updated, I'm surprised to find how few extensions ended up in 4.6. There are still a lot left uncategorized. Anybody know the reason for this?

Comment

Michael it is fired now (since yesterday 4:45pm GMT -04). You can edit and add the link. Or you could have add the link, knowing that it would be updated shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by Creak View Post
              Michael it is fired now (since yesterday 4:45pm GMT -04). You can edit and add the link. Or you could have add the link, knowing that it would be updated shortly.
              Indeed. I commented 12 minutes after the article was posted, and mesamatrix was already showing the 4.6 part, as my screenshot shows.

Even if mesamatrix wasn't ready while writing the article, adding it after the fact can be very useful.

I don't understand this: we see Michael fixing useless typos, and not add some very nice-to-have information.

Comment

franglais125 Michael don't like to make external links, and if he does, it will always be at the end of the post.

This seems to be an SEO, but when an SEO makes the post less relevant, I think it should not be used.

Comment

Working...
                X