Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes To Look Forward To With LLVM/Clang 5.0

Phoronix: Changes To Look Forward To With LLVM/Clang 5.0

LLVM 5.0 and its sub-projects like Clang 5.0 are due to be released in two weeks, so here's a look back at the features added to this innovative open-source compiler stack over the past half year...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

With llvm-libs 5, Gnome Wayland with EGLStreams should perform normally.
    (Of course OGL still won't work for Xwayland applications.)

Comment

Hopefully an official become available for Zesty and into Oibaf's ppa the performance bump is nice.
      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
      Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

funny enough I never manage to find the release-notes for a clang/llvm rc-version, you get the 6.0 trunk as default and can browse the release versions.

Comment

Originally posted by discordian View Post
          funny enough I never manage to find the release-notes for a clang/llvm rc-version, you get the 6.0 trunk as default and can browse the release versions.
          I think -rc isn't out yet. It has been tagged, but release guy is waiting for maintainers to upload binaries before announcing the rc.

Comment

Originally posted by Krejzi View Post

I think -rc isn't out yet. It has been tagged, but release guy is waiting for maintainers to upload binaries before announcing the rc.
            I haven't tried it myself, but rc1 is available from http://prereleases.llvm.org/5.0.0/

Comment

Working...
            X