Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VC4 Now Has Faster Window Movement On Raspbian

Phoronix: VC4 Now Has Faster Window Movement On Raspbian

Broadcom developer Eric Anholt has written another weekly blog post summarizing his work on the VC4 driver stack as well as the new VC5 driver code-base...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I found this comment from the blog post quite interesting:

"However, since I modified the code, I wanted to run the tests, and I found no tests. Now that we have the meson build system and simple-xinit, it was trivial to write some XCB touch-testing of the protocol and verify that my changes at least didn’t regress the protocol I’ve tested. Hopefully these tests can be a model for future automated protocol testing under “make check”. I didn’t port the test to automake, because automake makes testing awful."

If I read this correctly, meson basically makes it a LOT easier for people to write tests that can be run automatically by e.g. 'make check'.

Even if meson wasn't any faster than automake, IMHO this feature alone would make the switch away from automake so much worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by InsideJob View Post
      Raspbian is still pathetically slow compared to Privacy Enhanced Linux 64.
      Is the top post on their blog some kind of twisted joke? It's bad enough for me to not even bother to read further down the page.

Comment

Originally posted by InsideJob View Post
        Raspbian is still pathetically slow compared to Privacy Enhanced Linux 64.

http://privacyenhanced.blogspot.com/
        I think that blog needs more flat earth and anti vaxx posts.

Comment

Do the Openbox patches also help on other hardware? Also, where are they, anyone have a link handy?

Comment

Originally posted by Beherit View Post
            Is the top post on their blog some kind of twisted joke? It's bad enough for me to not even bother to read further down the page.
            Seems like it was written to offend as many people as possible...

Comment

Working...
            X