Wine-Staging 2.14 Adds User Account Control, Heap Manager Performance Boost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine-Staging 2.14 Adds User Account Control, Heap Manager Performance Boost

Phoronix: Wine-Staging 2.14 Adds User Account Control, Heap Manager Performance Boost

Building off last week's Wine 2.14 feature update is now a re-based version of Wine-Staging that also tacks on a few extra features...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

In this wine staging version legend of heroes trials of cold steel works however needs CSMT for solve some graphics issues

Without CSMT

With CSMT

Comment

Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post
      In this wine staging version legend of heroes trials of cold steel works however needs CSMT for solve some graphics issues

Without CSMT

With CSMT

What's it like with Nine?

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post

What's it like with Nine?
        No because this game is DX11

Comment

In Wine's context this UAC implementation doesn't mean much but is mostly there for appeasing Windows programs expecting certain security rights be setup for their environment, not that Wine's security is going to be any different.
          In other words, mock APIs to fool applications which insist on doing and checking the results of the UAC dance, even when run inside Wine's imitation of the real, fully-privileged Administrator account of yore that Vista and beyond keep hidden and disabled.

Comment

The UAC bit was very important to me months ago when I tried to install the Spotify windows version (Just for comparison curiosity) and it refused to install without Administrator rights (and the PlayOnLinux script was doing a hack around this by launching it under Windows XP, but the newer version of Spotify refused to work under this OS version) and I ended up giving up.

Comment

Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post

No because this game is DX11

If the game is DX11 how can you play it with wine? Last thing I knew wine is still implementing dx11 .

Comment

Originally posted by sonnet View Post

If the game is DX11 how can you play it with wine? Last thing I knew wine is still implementing dx11 .
                I think that is the point, the dx11 work is far enough along to play this game, I didn't realise it was dx11 when I asked the question however

Comment

Working...
                X