Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 384.59 Driver Is Playing Fine With Linux 4.13

Phoronix: NVIDIA 384.59 Driver Is Playing Fine With Linux 4.13

Just a quick PSA for NVIDIA binary Linux driver users wishing to play with the latest development kernel.....

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Unfortunately the Vulkan driver in this one is still crap. Vulkan + vsync = hard locking the whole system in SS Fusion and Talos. RPCS3 has broken rendering, DOOM doesn't even start. OpenGL in everything is fine as usual. Stable and performs great.

Comment

Premium supporters, make sure to express your latest test requests.
      Michael Thank you for this. Are you able to run a single multi-way test? (without posting the results as an article)

If not, then may I ask a question?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Michael Thank you for this. Are you able to run a single multi-way test? (without posting the results as an article)

If not, then may I ask a question?
        Hmm, bit confused by what you're asking. Can you reclarify?
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Hmm, bit confused by what you're asking. Can you reclarify?
          Sure. Is it possible for you to run a single test on multiple cards, without publishing the results in the form of an article?

I just am interested on Triangle at 1080p since I got this card a while ago and I want to know how does it fare to the other cards (I don't have a 2160p monitor but most of your latest benches are done in 2160p)

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Sure. Is it possible for you to run a single test on multiple cards, without publishing the results in the form of an article?

I just am interested on Triangle at 1080p since I got this card a while ago and I want to know how does it fare to the other cards (I don't have a 2160p monitor but most of your latest benches are done in 2160p)
            Ah I see, I'll add triangle 1080p to next time I am doing a GPU comparison (I am working on one right now for next week, but too late for that, but besides that will add 1080p triangle for next comparison for you.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Ah I see, I'll add triangle 1080p to next time I am doing a GPU comparison (I am working on one right now for next week, but too late for that, but besides that will add 1080p triangle for next comparison for you.
              OK, thank you.

Comment

Michael I would love to see something like a Ryzen vs i7 7700k (or something like that) show down on games with a GTX 1070 or 1080 (1080p). Would be interesting to see the gaming performance difference from Intel's top gaming dog and ryzen on Linux and if the gap is the same as Windows. Would be cool to throw in an FX-8350/8370 or something in the mix, too, along with other CPUs. But really, I would just love to see some Ryzen benches with Nvidia (especially Total War), comparisons to Intel and older AMD CPUs would just be the cherry on top.
                BTW, did you do ram speed scaling tests on Linux yet going up to 3200+ (preferably on Nvidia)?

Comment

Are true the claims about this driver having heating issues compared to the previous LTS 375 driver?

Comment

Originally posted by edoantonioco View Post
                    Are true the claims about this driver having heating issues compared to the previous LTS 375 driver?
                    the newer ones do keep idle cards in higher perf states for a longer time than previous drivers. It's not a heating issue, but overall power consumption
                    does increase a bit.

Comment

Working...
                    X