Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debian's DebConf17 Wrapping Up Today, Watch The Videos Online

Phoronix: Debian's DebConf17 Wrapping Up Today, Watch The Videos Online

If you have extra time this weekend, you may be interested in watching videos from DebConf17, the annual Debian Developers' conference...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Anti-harassment bof with a typical feminazi in the audience talking about safe spaces and minimizing hurt feelings....
    And of course they ask for more power.

What for? So they don't need to tell e.g. mailing list masters to ban someone but so that they can ban and censor on their own.. at will.
    Even besides that that is pointless. If there is a code of conduct for a mailing list and that code is violated, the list master can be contacted directly with the evidence and appropriate action can be taken directly.

I'm warning about this since such people have already subverted and destroyed entire communities.

So what's left? A team of people that do some hand-holding with people whose feelings got hurt because someone on the Internet disagreed with them or called them a name.
    If Debian needs that then I'm fine with that, but my advice for life for everyone I've offended is: grow some freaking balls.
    Last edited by xnor; 12 August 2017, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
      People having personality disorders do name calling. My advice for people having personality disorders, fix yourself to have better life.
      Please read the DSM and consult an expert before trying to diagnose personality disorders.
      Since these are mental disorders that you cannot just "fix yourself", again: seek professional help. But you are right, with professional help you can have a much better life.

Now back to safe-space feminists: these people are not doing themselves or others any favors. The real world is not a safe space. Sooner or later they will notice that and sooner is better than later. I've seen some of these people figuring that out in their late 20s. They get triggered really hard and their reaction reminded me of mental breakdowns.

Again: seek professional help. And if you don't have mental problems: grow some freaking balls or get out of the kitchen if you cannot handle the heat.
      You need to be able to handle the real world. That's a prerequisite if you want to be treated equally... because that's what feminism is all about, right?

Comment

Originally posted by xnor View Post
        Anti-harassment bof with a typical feminazi in the audience talking about safe spaces and minimizing hurt feelings....
        And of course they ask for more power.

I'm warning about this since such people have already subverted and destroyed entire communities.
        Only if that community is controlled from a certain part of the world, who has not been vaccinated against something like that, at the right moment of History.

Comment

Originally posted by onicsis View Post
          Only if that community is controlled from a certain part of the world, who has not been vaccinated against something like that, at the right moment of History.
          Even global communities. These people can be very loud. They literally scream. xD
          And what part of the world do you have in mind anyway, that is immune to the corrosiveness of postmodernism/feminism? The most developed parts of the world actually seem to be the most susceptible ones.

Comment

Countries of former Warsaw Pact/Eastern Europe. After hard communism, feminism or progressivism have no place here.
            And freedom of speech is really freedom of speech in absence of feminism, so called Codes of Conduct, diversity quotas. Working environment is more relaxed in the absence of thought police. Feminists can scream as much as they to want to the moon or to the stars.

Meritocracy should be only performance index and and access or promotion criteria, not something else.
            Last edited by onicsis; 13 August 2017, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Too bad that freedom of speech is notoriously poor in most of these countries.

Comment

Working...
              X