Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RADV Vulkan Driver Gets Fixed Up For AMD GCN 1.0/1.1 Hardware

Phoronix: RADV Vulkan Driver Gets Fixed Up For AMD GCN 1.0/1.1 Hardware

David Airlie has managed to figure out some crucial fixes for improving the support of Radeon GCN 1.0 "Southern Islands" and GCN 1.1 "Sea Islands" hardware with this open-source Vulkan driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Excellent news!

Comment

Originally posted by ermo View Post
      Excellent news!
      Excellent news indeed!

Comment

Are there any plans when GCN1.0/1.1 are switching over to AMDGPU as default?

Comment

Originally posted by theghost View Post
          And that is a very good question.

Comment

from Airlied's Blog on a Vega-related question
            "Just got a prerelease card that needs the production bios on it."

Now that does sound nice, doesn't it?
            Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Not until there is feature parity with radeon, amdgpu still lacks hdmi-audio and VCE/UVD support for gcn 1.0.
              Also i don't really understand what the fuzz about the default is about, it takes one reboot to switch drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Masush5 View Post

Not until there is feature parity with radeon, amdgpu still lacks hdmi-audio and VCE/UVD support for gcn 1.0.
                Also i don't really understand what the fuzz about the default is about, it takes one reboot to switch drivers.
                amggpu has audio in 4.13, no VCE/UVD as far as I can tell though.

As for the article, that was one on my bug, I got really happy when Dave fixed it!
                (To be fair, it's not just Dave that fixed stuff related to SI cards, other devs did too... In my case it also came from Grazvydas!)

Comment

I don't know about GCN 1.0 but GCN 1.1 looks to be in excellent shape based on my experience (and phoronix benchmarks).

I have an R9 290 which seems much more solid under the new amdgpu DRM driver. With the old radeon driver I have occasional issues such as display not initializing on startup or after hibernating etc...

Really hoping they can flip the switch pretty soon, it will really simplify the ecosystem.

Comment

I admire targeting Vega 64 towards the Nvidia 1080Ti and Nvidia Xp. Keeps the green team off their buttocks and the coals warm..

Comment

Working...
                    X